Dropbox Votebox lets you decide what they work on next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox Votebox lets you decide what they work on next

Dropbox is one of my current top 5 favorite apps. It's an extremely useful utility with a few, very powerful, easy to use features, and now they are looking to expand. With Votebox (must be signed in to see the page), they are letting the user base vote on which features they work on next. Thousands of votes have already been cast. Here are the top 5 at the time of this writing.

1. Selective sync. Ability to choose which files or folders get sync'd to which computers.

2. Watch any folder. Sync folders outside the My/Dropbox folder (thus essentially replicating the functionality of SugarSync). This would be sweet, though I wonder how it would affect the current simplicity and performance of the app.

3. Share folders without forcing other members to lose space. I'd be interested to see how they handle this one. It could open up loopholes for vastly expanded storage space for groups of people.

4. Email files to Dropbox. Use an email address to upload files to your dropbox space.

5. Mac resource fork support. Perhaps the most cryptic of the requests. The resource fork is essentially metadata attached to the file that helps the Mac OS understand the file better. It defines things like custom icons, window sizes, menu definitions and the like. It is also how Mac OS can do extension-less file names. These things are generally stripped by backup programs (like Dropbox). This would be an extremely useful feature for Mac users.Dropbox Votebox lets you decide what they work on next originally appeared on Download Squad on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Mac OS - Linux - Download Squad - Microsoft Windows - Dropbox
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X