Virtual reality helps some smokers quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual reality helps some smokers quit

Can playing a video game four times a week for twelve weeks help you stop smoking? Apparently so for some.

A small study conducted by the GRAP Occupational Psychology Clinic and the University of Quebec has found positive results from a specially designed, experimental, VR video game.

Smokers who play the game have a slightly higher chance of quitting the habit than those in a control group (playing a similar game with different objectives). Those who played the cigarette crushing game cite the game itself as an added defense in staving off cravings.

This type of "VR Therapy" is also used in treating post-traumatic stress disorder in Iraq war veterans, and is gaining popularity in many other areas such as drug addiction and bullying. Researches say that what a person does in the virtual reality game actually has an impact on their real-world experience.Virtual reality helps some smokers quit originally appeared on Download Squad on Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Virtual reality - Download Squad - Posttraumatic stress disorder - Video game - Health
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X