Bump for Android: slick contact-sharing app not iPhone-only anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for Android: slick contact-sharing app not iPhone-only anymore

Bump, the impressive iPhone app that lets you trade contact info and other data by physically bumping two phones together, isn't just an iPhone app anymore. Bump for Android has arrived (so sayeth TechCrunch, at any rate), and it covers Bump's biggest weakness: you had to have an iPhone to use it. Between iPhones and Android devices, Bump now has the potential to become a common way of swapping contact info.

In addition to the Android launch, Bump also polished up its iPhone app. The new version, which is in the app store now, taps into Facebook to compare address books with your bumping buddies and see whether you have any contacts in common. You can also send either a message or a newsfeed post to yourself via Facebook when you bump someone new, so you can remember to get in touch with them later. These features haven't made their way to the Android edition of Bump yet.

[via TechCrunch]Bump for Android: slick contact-sharing app not iPhone-only anymore originally appeared on Download Squad on Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

iPhone - Facebook - Download Squad - AppStore - TechCrunch
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X