Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official: Land Rover reveals minor LR4 updates

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, SUV, Land Rover, Luxury, Off-Road

With the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport having recently been replaced, and the Evoque getting a series of updates, the LR4 (or Discovery as it's known overseas) soldiers on alongside the LR2 Freelander and Defender) as one of the older models in the Land Rover lineup. But the British marque has now announced a series of minor upgrades - previewed by the spy shots we brought you in July - that seek to keep the LR4 at the top of its game.

The updates consists primarily of a subtle facelift and some new tech. Up front you'll find a new grille, bumper, headlights and daytime running lights. There are also new wheel designs available, of course, but the badging updates - including "Discovery" lettering replacing the "Land Rover" on the nose - won't be making the transatlantic voyage since the model goes by an alphanumeric designation here.

Land Rover has also integrated some of the electronics developed for the new Range Rovers, including the depth sounder and various traffic monitoring systems. There's also a new Meridian audio system available, and Land Rover has integrated its stop/start system and eight-speed automatic transmission across the range. Details have only been announced at this point for the UK market, where the revised model will begin delivery in November, but expect the changes to hit US showrooms shortly thereafter. In the meantime we'll anticipate scoping out the changes at the Frankfurt Motor Show next week.Continue reading Land Rover reveals minor LR4 updates
    Land Rover reveals minor LR4 updates originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 03 Sep 2013 09:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X