Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official: Opel reveals updated Insignia OPC sans power boost

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, Sedan, Performance, Wagon, Europe

We've got good news, friends, and we've got bad news. The good news is that Opel has revealed the new Insignia OPC that we spied recently on the street. The bad news is that it does not have the hike in power we were hoping for.

The new Insignia OPC, pictured here in Sports Tourer form, is set to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in a couple of weeks. Sitting atop the Opel Performance Center lineup, it's got the same 325-horsepower 2.8-liter twin-turbo V6 and Haldex all-wheel-drive system as the model it replaces, but benefits from some minor enhancements. Those include subtly refreshed fascias front and rear, a reworked rear axle, revised software for the ESP and variable damper systems and a recalibrated suspension.

Equipped with a six-speed manual (there's an automatic available as well), the Insignia OPC sedan will hit 62 mph in six seconds flat, or 6.3 for the wagon. Top speed is restricted to 155 mph, but without the limiter (as Opel previously offered), it's said to hit 168 flat out. Which is still pretty impressive, even without the anticipated 400hp upgrade.

But that only brings us to the unfortunate reality that the Insignia OPC isn't available Stateside, because with 270 horsepower from a turbo four, the Buick Regal GS just doesn't feel the same.Continue reading Opel reveals updated Insignia OPC sans power boost
    Opel reveals updated Insignia OPC sans power boost originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X