Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official: Land Rover announces 2014 Evoque drivetrain enhancements

Filed under: SUV, Crossover, Land Rover, Luxury, Off-Road

The Range Rover Evoque has only been on the market for a year or so now, but already Land Rover is introducing a series of enhancements - and they're not just limited to the striking Zanzibar Bronze paint pictured here.

Most of the changes revolve around the drivetrain and how the Evoque puts its power down to the road - or whatever surface it's traversing. The biggest change is the new nine-speed automatic transmission JLR has been working on with ZF. There's also a new Active Driveline on-demand all-wheel drive system to bridge the gap between the full-time all-wheel drive and the front-drive configurations offered overseas, but since the Evoque is only offered with four-wheel traction on this side of the Atlantic, it remains to be seen whether JLR will offer the system Stateside. There's a new brake-based torque-vectoring system and a host of safety systems apparently ported over from the new Range Rover Sport.

All told, the improvements are said to net an approximate 10-percent improvement in fuel consumption and emissions while offering increased safety, convenience and appearance options inside and out. Full details in the press release below.Continue reading Land Rover announces 2014 Evoque drivetrain enhancements
    Land Rover announces 2014 Evoque drivetrain enhancements originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X