No announcement yet.

Official: 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet drops its innovative top [w/video]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official: 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet drops its innovative top [w/video]

Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Videos, Porsche

Porsche has finally officially unveiled its 2012 911 Carrera Cabriolet, and the model will boast the same sleek profile with its soft top in place as its hardtop twin for the first time in the vehicle's history thanks to a unique roof mechanism. The vehicle blends the aluminum and steel chassis of the standard 911 with a folding top manufactured from a slew of lightweight materials, including canvas magnesium and advanced high-strength steel to keep weight as low as possible. Porsche isn't saying exactly how many pounds engineers managed to shave from this vehicle compared to the previous generation, but the company assures us that the latest iteration is "significantly lighter." Sounds good.

With a 350-horsepower 3.4-liter flat six in the base 2012 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, the vehicle can scoot to 60 mph from standstill in as little as 4.4 seconds. The 911 Cabriolet S, meanwhile, can do the deed in 4.1 seconds thanks to its 400-horsepower 3.8-liter engine. Look to shell out $97,300 for the Carrera Cabriolet and $108,800 for the Carrera Cabriolet S. Hit the jump for an official video and the press release.Continue reading 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet drops its innovative top [w/video]
    2012 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet drops its innovative top [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X