Spacious 4-wheel drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacious 4-wheel drive

Hubby and I are looking to buy another car, a 4 wheel drive that is good for snow. We went to Toyota because he is interested in getting a Highlander or a 4Runner. I am happy with this choice too but when I saw the two cars.. umm I was expecting full 7 seats. I was highly dissapointed. The three seats in the back could hardly fit 3 people (not the very back). The very back seats could hardly fit two people comfortably. He doesn't want to buy a huge SUV like umm Sequia or someting because of the gas. We don't want to buy a mini van too.

What other options are we left with?? A reasonably prices 4-wheel drive that also gives us comfortable 7 seats?

Re: Spacious 4-wheel drive

Oh come on people.. reply reply

Comment

In most SUV's and Minivan's the very last seat is generally a bench. If you're really looking to seat adults in the back then you'll have to go American; either Chevy Suburban, Ford Expedition or Excursion. Dodge had a Durango, but not sure if adults can sit in the back.

I'm not sure how big a Toyota Sequoia is but it may be able to seat adults in the back.
      And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking

Comment

You could check out the new Chevy Tahoe or the GMC Yukon.
        Or how about the Honda Pilot? That's a really good car actually!
        And you'll actually get seating for 7 very comfortably and 8 is possible too (If people aren't too big).
        I'd lean towards the Tahoe because I've driven the Tahoe LTZ with all the bells and whistles.
        Excellent cars, excellent space and really freaking comfortable, you must test drive one.
        If you're thinking fuel economy then they come with VCM where they run on 4 cylinders instead of 8 cylinders.
        So save you a whole lot of fuel until you decide to punch it.
        Look at your signature, now back to mine, now back at yours, now back to mine. Sadly, your signature isnít mine.

Comment

Yeah I would definitely check out Pilot too. I don't really like the box look the car has but that's just how it is..
          We have actually strictly decided on no American Cars. Whatever reason, my husband just doesn't want it.. We are only left with Pilot then huh

Comment

Well maybe you need to make him check out reviews and take a test-drive.
            American cars (More specifically Chevrolets) aren't notorious for the relative lack of quality and reliability.
            The newer ones are pretty good. I say convince him to take one out for a test-drive.

Or as Si4e has mentioned, check out the Toyota Sequoia. Its a spacious 7/8 seater.
            I suggest taking them for a test-drive; the Sequoia, Pilot and the Tahoe (Which I still maintain is the best one out of these particular options).
            Look at your signature, now back to mine, now back at yours, now back to mine. Sadly, your signature isnít mine.

Comment

Toyota also has the Land Cruiser.
              And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking

Comment

^^ Too expensive

Sequoia takes too much gas.. we travel a lot. Isn't Pilot the same.

Comment

How about Land Rover Discover 4 ? or maybe a freelander
                  The Prophet also said: "Knowledge from which no benefit is derived is like a treasure out of which nothing is spent in the cause of God." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 108

Comment

Originally posted by Spiral View Post
                    ^^ Too expensive

Sequoia takes too much gas.. we travel a lot. Isn't Pilot the same.
                    Tahoe. Better economy and it's more comfortable than all the other options listed.

Comment

Originally posted by arafat View Post
                      How about Land Rover Discover 4 ? or maybe a freelander
                      Another pricey car

Comment

Originally posted by goddamniamsoawesome View Post
                        Tahoe. Better economy and it's more comfortable than all the other options listed.
                        Just looked at it. Looks nice and big ... but starting is 39k something.. umm no... I want to stay under 25000... with highlander I could... with Pilot.. ummm maybe .. this no way!

Comment

X-Trail
                          Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Lafanter View Post
                            X-Trail
                            Spacious was a pre-requisite; She wanted something with proper room for at least seven adults.
                            An X-Trail is tiny compared to full-size SUV's.

Comment

nissan pathfinder

also
                              armada
                              aka nissan patrol which is more pricey but can work
                              Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

Working...
                              X