Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official: Tata Nano gets upgrades, looks to beat sluggish sales

Filed under: Car Buying, Budget, Etc., Hatchback, India

Tata is out to battle lukewarm demand for the company's Nano with a range of improvements to the world's least-expensive new vehicle. Engineers have upped the Nano's power and fuel efficiency while decreasing emissions at the same time. The vehicle's 624-cc engine now produces a whopping 37.5 horsepower, enough to help the machine tackle up to 30 percent road grades and reach a max speed of 65 mph. The company has also reworked the suspension on the Nano with a new anti-roll bar in the front as well as a redesigned steering mechanism.

More importantly, the Nano Standard now comes with power-assisted brakes. That nicety was only available on higher trims in the past. Inside, the Nano now wears new materials available in three colors: beige, black or gray, though buyers may now select from a range of 10 different exterior paints.

Tata is likely desperate to do something to improve the vehicle's sales. While the company originally projected that buyers would take home between 20,000 and 25,000 Nano vehicles a month, September only saw 1,200 units leave dealer lots. Hit the jump for the full press release.Continue reading Tata Nano gets upgrades, looks to beat sluggish sales
    Tata Nano gets upgrades, looks to beat sluggish sales originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X