Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles: 2012 Jaguar XKR-S Convertible is fast, expensive and already sold out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Los Angeles: 2012 Jaguar XKR-S Convertible is fast, expensive and already sold out

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Convertible, Performance, Jaguar, Design/Style, Luxury

Jaguar has pulled the covers off its 2012 XKR-S Convertible here at the LA Auto Show, the droptop variant of the XKR-S Coupe which arrived earlier this year. Fitted with a power-operated folding cloth roof, the two-door takes its passengers from shade to sun in just 18 seconds at the touch of a button.

The most powerful and fastest open-topped GT Jaguar has ever built, the new flagship convertible is fitted with a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 rated at 550 horsepower and 502 pound-feet of torque. With a standard six-speed paddle-shifted automatic, acceleration to 60 mph from a standstill takes just 4.2 seconds, says the automaker. Top speed for this king of the XK range is 186 mph.

In addition to its upgraded suspension, there are a host of aggressive functional aero bits including a carbon fiber front splitter, side sills and a carbon fiber rear valance. Inside, there are 16-way adjustable sport seats trimmed in carbon leather.

Each XKR-S Convertible carries a sticker price of $138,875 (including $875 destination), which represents a $6,000 premium over its closed-rood coupe sibling. Limited to just 25 units in the States, all have reportedly been sold in advance of the car's debut.Continue reading 2012 Jaguar XKR-S Convertible is fast, expensive and already sold out
    2012 Jaguar XKR-S Convertible is fast, expensive and already sold out originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X