Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: Sebastien Loeb seals record eighth World Rally Championship despite off-tra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official: Sebastien Loeb seals record eighth World Rally Championship despite off-tra

Filed under: Motorsports, CitroŽn, UK

You take the good with the bad. It's a motto that applies to any number of situations in life, and certainly does in motorsports. That's what Sebastien Loeb and his longtime co-pilot Daniel Elena found this weekend in Wales.

In the midst of a hard-fought battle with Jari-Matti Latvala in a Ford Fiesta RS, Loeb and Elena were on their way back to the paddock when they collided over a blind crest with another car. The Citroën DS3 WRC was damaged virtually beyond repair, but the position in which they retired was still good enough to clinch a record eighth drivers' title in World Rally Championship to join the manufacturers' title claimed for the team last month.

The Citroën mechanics managed to piece the car back together enough to pose for some photos, which you can see in the high-res image gallery. But even if it wasn't the ideal picture-perfect finish for the undisputed dominant force in rallying, it still didn't stop Loeb from celebrating his place as the most accomplished driver in all of motorsport.Continue reading Sebastien Loeb seals record eighth World Rally Championship despite off-track crash
    Sebastien Loeb seals record eighth World Rally Championship despite off-track crash originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 16 Nov 2011 17:51:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X