Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Los Angeles: 2013 Infiniti IPL G Convertible drops its top for LA

Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Infiniti

Any luxury automaker worth its burlwood has to have a performance division. BMW has M. Mercedes-Benz has AMG. Audi's Quattro GmbH churns out S and RS models. Lexus has the letter F. Cadillac has V. And Infiniti has IPL.

The Infiniti Performance Line launched last summer with the IPL G Coupe, essentially a G37 Coupe that'd been fiddled with for an extra measure of sportiness. Much speculation and anticipation followed as to what the IPL team would do next - leading to rumors over potential tie-ins with Red Bull Racing and Mercedes-AMG - but a Sebastian Vettel edition FX55 notwithstanding, this has been the first follow-up product since.

Previewed in thinly disguised concept form just a month after the coupe's debut, the IPL G Convertible is set to make its production debut at today's Los Angeles Auto Show. It's essentially the same as the coupe, only with the retractable hardtop of the G37 Convertible on which it's based. The 3.7-liter V6 has had its mapping adjusted and breathing optimized to generate 343 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque - 18 and 6 more than stock, respectively, but 5 and 3 less than the coupe despite more heft to move.

Power is driven to the rear wheels exclusively via a seven-speed paddle-shifting, rev-matching automatic transmission. Other enhancements enacted for the IPL G Convertible include a firmed-up suspension, 14-inch front brakes rotors (13.8 in the rear) with alloy calipers, 19-inch alloys, and a revised aero kit. Only two colors are available - Moonlight White and Malbec Black - while the leather interior can be had in Stone or Monaco Red. Like what you see? Check out the full details after the jump and the high-res images in the gallery for more.Continue reading 2013 Infiniti IPL G Convertible drops its top for LA
    2013 Infiniti IPL G Convertible drops its top for LA originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X