Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official: Dacia challenging Andros Trophy with new Lodgy MPV ice racer

Filed under: Motorsports, Minivan/Van, Europe, Renault, Racing

Typically when an automaker makes a new rally car - whether for gravel, sand, snow or ice - it's based on... well, a car. Usually a hatchback, like the Subaru Impreza, Citroën DS3 or Volkswagen Polo. Lately, some have been going a different route with crossover-based rally cars, but Renault's latest is neither hatchback nor sedan nor crossover. It's a minivan.

After contesting the Andros Trophy for two years with a specially-prepared Dacia Duster - which also formed the basis for its Pikes Peak challenger - the French automaker's Romanian budget brand is returning for a third winter season to the French ice racing series with a new beast based on the Lodgy MPV. The production version of the minivan isn't set to be unveiled itself until the Geneva Motor Show in March.

The resulting Lodgy Glace (the latter from the French for "ice") was prepared by independent contractors like Tork Engineering and Sodemo under the watchful eye of Renault Sport Technologies. Its tubular steel frame packs a Nissan-sourced 3.0-liter 24-valve V6 engine mounted amidship and sending 355 horsepower to all four wheels via a SADEV six-speed sequential gearbox.

The season kicks off on December 3 at Val Thorens, where four-time F1 champion Alain Prost and his son Nicolas, together with ice-racing veteran Evens Stievenart, will be taking on all comers. Follow the jump for the full press release and scope out the quarter of high-res images for a closer look at their new ride.Continue reading Dacia challenging Andros Trophy with new Lodgy MPV ice racer
    Dacia challenging Andros Trophy with new Lodgy MPV ice racer originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X