Apple is replacing first gen iPod nanos in the US due to faulty batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple is replacing first gen iPod nanos in the US due to faulty batteries

After offering to swap out a few faulty first gen iPod nanos in Korea back in 2009, it appears Apple has seen fit to get them out of owner's pockets here in the US too. An email just sent to registered owners (included after the break) and notice posted on its replacement program site inform users the affected units were sold between September 2005 and December 2006. The problem? In "very rare cases" the battery could overheat, due to an issue blamed on a single supplier issuing components with a manufacturing defect. If you have one (seriously, yours still works?), stop using it right now and fill out the form at the link below to order a free replacement unit. The main inconvenience -- other than finding out you've been walking around with the possibility of a "rare case" of overheating taking place in your skinny jeans -- is an anticipated six-week lag between Apple receiving the old unit and shipping you out a replacement.

[Thanks, Paul & Jordan]

...developingContinue reading Apple is replacing first gen iPod nanos in the US due to faulty batteries
    Apple is replacing first gen iPod nanos in the US due to faulty batteries originally appeared on Engadget on Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:53:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Apple | Email this | Comments
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X