Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image manipulation for digital camera on PC/linux

convert is you friend!

I have only used it to resize images: of course you could resize whole folder with few line script.

Code:
    convert -geometry  1500x997 file file_with_new_size
    But get this(from man page)::

Code:
    convert(1)                                                          convert(1)

NAME
           convert  -  convert  between  image formats as well as resize an image,
           blur, crop, despeckle, dither, draw on, flip, join, re-sample, and much
           more.

SYNOPSIS
           convert input-file [options] output-file

OVERVIEW
           The  convert  program is a member of the ImageMagick(1) suite of tools.
           Use it to convert between image formats as well  as  resize  an  image,
           more.

For more information about the convert command, point your  browser  to
           file:///usr/local/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.4.3/www/convert.html       or
           http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php.
    off course you could do that with gimp too, But pic at a time. Suppose you have decided how to treat a bunch of picture you put them in a folder and and run a script. How cool is that?
    Last edited by Monk; Dec 2, 2008, 09:42 AM.
    ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

re: image manipulation for digital camera on PC/linux

ok.
    I answer my self.

oh good info PM.

Comment

^Thanks PM.

Comment

-- Nauman --

Comment

Originally posted by PunchingMonk View Post
          convert is you friend!

I have only used it to resize images: of course you could resize whole folder with few line script.

Code:

Code:

NAME
                 more.

SYNOPSIS
                 convert input-file [options] output-file

OVERVIEW
                 The  convert  program is a member of the ImageMagick(1) suite of tools.
                 Use it to convert between image formats as well  as  resize  an  image,
                 more.

For more information about the convert command, point your  browser  to
                 file:///usr/local/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.4.3/www/convert.html       or
                 http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php.
          off course you could do that with gimp too, But pic at a time. Suppose you have decided how to treat a bunch of picture you put them in a folder and and run a script. How cool is that?
          Please elaborate for those who are not so technical savy about software and source codes............

Where does this program go on the Camera or the computer?

Thanks.
          Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post
            Please elaborate for those who are not so technical savy about software and source codes............

Where does this program go on the Camera or the computer?

Thanks.
            This a utility which linux has.
            Once you attach you cam to computer, It appears like an other storage device.
            then you could just copy picture into one folder on you computer.

Once thats done you can process tons of picture together.
            As resizing,blurring etc etc.

Comment

for Windows users, I think Faststone does pretty much the same thing... with a GUI... and no need for scripts for batch processing either. It's free for personal and educational use.

More info here: FastStone Photo Resizer - Powerful Image Converter/Resizer
              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

^ there you sindsager, there is thing for windows too.

Comment

<style>.wysiwyg { BACKGROUND: #edf2f2; FONT: 9pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } </style>Can we please change the title of the thread.
                  into

"image manipulation for digital camera on PC/linux "
                  After LC added information this thread could really be useful for every one.
                  If you do so, I will edit and put together information in more useful way.

Thanks!!

Comment

^ there you sindsager, there is thing for windows too.

Shukria PM...........I will be looking for computer now that the old one with Windows ME has quite working........will check back when we get something new!
                    Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

<style>.wysiwyg { BACKGROUND: #edf2f2; FONT: 9pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } </style>Can we please change the title of the thread.
                      into

"image manipulation for digital camera on PC/linux "
                      After LC added information this thread could really be useful for every one.
                      If you do so, I will edit and put together information in more useful way.

Thanks!!
                      done.
                      Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Re: image manipulation for digital camera on PC/linux

On Windows computer:: (Special thanks to Brother Lucid Chaotic)

Originally posted by Lucid Chaotic View Post
                        for Windows users, I think Faststone does pretty much the same thing... with a GUI... and no need for scripts for batch processing either. It's free for personal and educational use.

More info here: FastStone Photo Resizer - Powerful Image Converter/Resizer

Free Software:: (replace photoshop)
                        There is openSource tool to manipulate images, Its as good as photoshop and its FREE. It is called GIMP

For windows:::
                        GIMP - for Windows

================================================== ========

On linux machine::

I have used "convert" to resize images only, Very quick no hassle. Don't have open heave weight tools.
                        Code:

Code:

NAME
                               more.
                        off course you could do that with gimp too, But pic at a time. Suppose you have decided how to treat a bunch of picture you put them in a folder and and run a script. How cool is that?[/quote]

================================================== =============

Gimp For Linux::
                        you could use, yum, apt-get or yast depending on your installation.
                        Last edited by Monk; Dec 4, 2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X