GS for iphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS for iphone

When is the GS version for iphone is coming out? I really feel a strong need of it.

I know it wont be a commercial application when it comes out, but still I wont hesitate to buy it if asks me for few bucks. Who else is seriously thinking about it?
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Re: GS for iphone

install opera mini, and you don't need GS iphone version. Ony GS Chat & Arcde don't work on iPhone or any CE based device.

Correction:- Opera Mini doesn't work on iPhone.
    Last edited by Xenophanez; Nov 26, 2008, 12:42 AM. Reason: made a poo poo
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophanez View Post
      install opera mini, and you don't need GS iphone version. Ony GS Chat & Arcde don't work on iPhone or any CE based device.
      1. iphone comes with the safari web browser installed, no need to install the mini safari

2. technicaly, GS chat works on iphone as well, it just dont look purty and is a bit cumbersome to use.

any flash based application (other than youtube videos) dont work

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      When is the GS version for iphone is coming out? I really feel a strong need of it.

I know it wont be a commercial application when it comes out, but still I wont hesitate to buy it if asks me for few bucks. Who else is seriously thinking about it?
      contact Apple for GS version of iphone.
      Last edited by 5Abi; Nov 25, 2008, 01:54 AM.
      I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

5abi I tried a couple of times xcessin GS frm ifone, it loads fine but when i click on sum links to other threads, safari crashez n closes. there is no specific pattern like i might b clicking on sum page having sum other addon. it just closes down after browsing 1-2 pages.
        p.s dun tell me the prblm is with the end user

I said na

Comment

Originally posted by 5Abi View Post
          1. iphone comes with the safari web browser installed, no need to install the mini safari

2. technicaly, GS chat works on iphone as well, it just dont look purty and is a bit cumbersome to use.

any flash based application (other than youtube videos) dont work

contact Apple for GS version of iphone.
          try it with both Safari & Opra mini, you will see the difference.

@ contact Apple for GS version of iphone.
          Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Seema View Post
            5abi I tried a couple of times xcessin GS frm ifone, it loads fine but when i click on sum links to other threads, safari crashez n closes. there is no specific pattern like i might b clicking on sum page having sum other addon. it just closes down after browsing 1-2 pages.i
            p.s dun tell me the prblm is with the end user
            Well, the safari mobile on iphone is prone to crashes, try and update the iphone firmware thru itunes and see if it helps. the crashes could be the result of some scripts running on GS.

try it with both Safari & Opra mini, you will see the difference.

@ contact Apple for GS version of iphone.
            Do you own an iphone? Or have you seen opera mini running on iphone 3G? If yes, i would be very interested to hear about it.

in the meantime, check this

No Opera Mini for the iPhone

It seems that the engineers at Opera developed a version of Opera Mini that would run on the iPhone (and the iPod touch), but this browser will never see light of day because Apple rejected it from the App Store.
            Mr. von Tetzchner said that Opera’s engineers have developed a version of Opera Mini that can run on an Apple iPhone, but Apple won’t let the company release it because it competes with Apple’s own Safari browser.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Abi View Post
              Well, the safari mobile on iphone is prone to crashes, try and update the iphone firmware thru itunes and see if it helps. the crashes could be the result of some scripts running on GS.

Do you own an iphone? Or have you seen opera mini running on iphone 3G? If yes, i would be very intersted to hear about it.

in the meantime, check this

No Opera Mini for the iPhone

It seems that the engineers at Opera developed a version of Opera Mini that would run on the iPhone (and the iPod touch), but this browser will never see light of day because Apple rejected it from the App Store.
              Mr. von Tetzchner said that Opera’s engineers have developed a version of Opera Mini that can run on an Apple iPhone, but Apple won’t let the company release it because it competes with Apple’s own Safari browser.
              oopsie daisy, I stand corrected.
              I run it on HTC Diamond, and GS runs much better on mini than it's default browser.

Comment

oopsie daisy, I stand corrected.
                I run it on HTC Diamond, and GS runs much better on mini than it's default browser.
                next time do your homework first

Comment

their are many optimized vbulletin skins for iphone available. just redirect users on the basics of browser.
                  I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

Working...
                  X