HELP!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!!!!!

I forgot to upgrade my Anti-Virus. and Today, while i was happily surfing on net, suddenly some pop-ups attacked & then few minutes later my pc's speed decreased exponentially followed by a virus alert from Norton. So i closed all the windows and ran my anti-spyware as well as my old NOrton anti-virus program;which said that i had some upgrades and in order for them to take place, i must restart. so i restarted the computer.

its been an hour & a half now and all i see on the screen is the cursor & my wallpaper.

Anyone know what can i do now?Should i just go & buy a new anti-virus program,but will it be able to install itself in this condition? plzz tell me theres still a way i can fix this pc

Re: HELP!!!!!!

Make sure your PC is not connect to internet either cable or wireless. I hope it will restart completely but still if it does't work than take out the hard drive and attach it with some other system and scan it for viruses.

Once it is done before scanning it, install CCleaner. It will clean off all the junk on ur system. After that scan your system with an updated antivirus.

good luck
    -- Nauman --

Comment

update ur antivirus n beter use registered NOd32 (Antivirus )
      Stay Present,
      stay pleasant,
      stay proud

Comment

:biggthumb Welcome to the world of WiNdoWs !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NaMaan View Post
          Make sure your PC is not connect to internet either cable or wireless. I hope it will restart completely but still if it does't work than take out the hard drive and attach it with some other system and scan it for viruses.

Once it is done before scanning it, install CCleaner. It will clean off all the junk on ur system. After that scan your system with an updated antivirus.

good luck
          taking out the hard drive doesn't seem like a simple task
          ok Im asking my brother to fix it for me.

Originally posted by GaBbArSiNgH View Post
          :biggthumb Welcome to the world of WiNdoWs !!!!!!!!!!!!
          thankx :halo:

Comment

1. Simply start/restart your computer and press F8 during the booting process.
            2. Log into windows through Safe Mode.
            3. Your Anti-Virus should run just fine.
            4. If not, you can go to Trend Micro's website and use the House Call function to clean up your computer. Also, you can go to Norton's or Mcafee's website to do something similar.
            5. Once that's done successfully, restart and try logging into the windows in normal mode. Also install HijackThis and post the log file here so we can figure out whats going on inside your computer to tell u exactly what to do next.

Hope that helps.
            I've left GS. StraightUp:I joined GS reading ur posts! Leefa:U always cracked me up! KB:Admire ur temperament! K337:Best pingoo! adeeba & MM:Wished me Bday.Thnkx: Aisha. Balqis. CE. Dildarni. DaringV. FrozenDoll. glamorous. THNKX GS 4 DA BAN.FUHeera!

Comment

You can go the simple way OR the hard/painful way.

Simple way: backup your important data (on usb flash etc) and re-install windows, latest patches, an anti virus and a firewall (build-in windows firewall is usually enough)

Hardway: Try to fix the problem. Everything seems to work fine and next day you have even bigger problem. You fix that, and get ten more... you run in circles. After few weeks, you can't take it anymore and decide to re-install your system,

Choice is yours.

The reason is: some vital system files are corrupted. And they might have triggered the infection of many many more system files. You never know..
              There are three sides to every argument: Your side, my side and the right side.
              (Twisted version).

Comment

Working...
              X