• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guru Guppies: Help Wanted

hello Hi

How are you guys :makhan: ?

So here is the problem

Who has a good working expereince with Yosemite Tapeware Backup Software...

Here is the scenario:

The machine is a RAID 5 Windows Server 2003 HP with dual Xeaon Processor and 600 GB HD 2 GB RAM and blah blah..

I have Hp ultrium 460 backup device installed on it... using the above Tapeware software for daily backup... have 6 -400GB- data cartridges marked for each day....

here is the problem... it runs every night perfectly as it is set up for unattended backup only that someone has to physically change the data cartridges every day... But it is not formating the drives which it is supposed to so I have to format them occassionally otherwise job fails due to Media full error...

How to fix this problem...????????????????

I went through the whole 300+ pages documentation and set up the parameters according to what was in there.. but after doing atmost two backups for two weeks, it starts failing..........

here is the screen shot of the parameters I set it upppppppppppppppppp

[thumb=H]tapeware14734_2297845.JPG[/thumb]
    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Re: Guru Guppies: Help Wanted

I haven't worked with Yosemite, but have worked with others. In the job 'Options' check to see if it has checkboxes to what kinda tapes it can backup to, the options should be same, or overwrite or similar stuff.

PS: I just became unemployed so if you need help let me know even if it requires a schlep. I'm thinking of contracting, so let's see.
    An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

AQ bhai aap kya kerte ho?, I never thought u were in IT
      Depending on the perspective, everything is beautiful!!

Comment

expensive stuff
        There is no salvation for the soul, But to fall in Love.
        It has to creep and crawl, Among the Lovers first.

Imam Jallal-u-Din Rumi

Comment

Tofi: did u look at the snapshot I posted :halo: ...

Pagaldeewaani: I graduated with major in Computer Sciences and minor in Mathematics.... I think that very much makes me an IT person
          Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

I did take a look at it. It doesn't give much options, other than Advanced (dohhh) Options. There are times where when for thing like that you just need advanced (expensive) options.
            An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
              Tofi: did u look at the snapshot I posted :halo: ...

Pagaldeewaani: I graduated with major in Computer Sciences and minor in Mathematics.... I think that very much makes me an IT person

le bataya kion nahie, ham ne pori gali main dhindora peeta hua hai koee prog ka banda tou nazar ae aur aap tou chupay baithe hain. Now be ready for my queries
              Depending on the perspective, everything is beautiful!!

Comment

Maybe you can find something under Advanced options?

Comment

Working...
                X