[Health Tip] Smart Viewing Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Health Tip] Smart Viewing Windows

I feel like such an idiot, can't believe I didn't know about this before. Oh well better late than never.

Monitor giving you a headache? Check the refresh rate.

Some people are more sensitive to lower monitor refresh rates than others. Go to the display control panel and click to the Settings tab. From there, click the Advanced button and go to the Monitor tab. From there, you can adjust your screen refresh rate.

As a rule of thumb, higher refresh rates are less likely to cause eyestrain.

If you pick a refresh rate and your monitor goes all blooey, don't panic. Just wait fifteen seconds and the system will switch back to the original settings. (If you have a Plug and Play monitor, it's supposed to report the refresh rates it supports, but sometimes that doesn't work.)

Note that not all refresh rates are available at all screen resolutions, so if you want to crank the rate higher, you may have to sacrifice resolution.

Source

More Seach Results
    "If I'm not back in five minutes, keep waiting." - Freakazoid

Re: [Health Tip] Smart Viewing Windows

Another one:

Use ClearType to sharpen fonts on your Windows XP display. ClearType enhances your display by smoothing the edges of screen fonts. ClearType works especially well on Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) devices, including flat screen monitors and laptop computers.

How to Enable ClearType
    To use ClearType for screen fonts: 1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
    2. On the Appearance tab, click Effects.
    3. Click to select the Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts check box, and then click ClearType in the list.

Source

Comment

i just wanted to know that my Laptop has only 60 Hz as the availabl refresh rate, but if i uncheck the "hide mode this monitor cannot diaply" check box, then refresh rates upto 100 Hz are also there, and it seems to work fine on 100 Hz.

What do i do? use the 100 or the 60

Comment

Hi GaBbArSiNgH,

Apologies for the confusion, that refresh rate tip should really only apply to CRT monitors (the big bulky ones). Laptop or flat-panel display (LCD) screens do not refresh the same way as CRT screens do. So I suggest you keep using your original 60 Hz settings. I think changing laptop refresh rates could be used when plugging in an external monitor or something, otherwise you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandoostaa
          Another one:

Use ClearType to sharpen fonts on your Windows XP display. ClearType enhances your display by smoothing the edges of screen fonts. ClearType works especially well on Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) devices, including flat screen monitors and laptop computers.

How to Enable ClearType
          To use ClearType for screen fonts: 1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
          3. Click to select the Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts check box, and then click ClearType in the list.

Source
          Excellent tip
          An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

CRT monitors = (the big bulky ones)

Thanx for the explanation

Comment

Originally posted by Bandoostaa
              Another one:

How to Enable ClearType

Source
              this effect makes the fonts look really smooth and less straining...

thanks for the tip...

Comment

Working...
              X