log on to windows screen {administrative password}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

log on to windows screen {administrative password}

4 quite some time now hamwatno i have been experiencing this problem so i thought y not, ask the intelligent clan of comp'. khair prob is this, before i log onto windows, i have set up a password screen/pop up {admin password} but lately, when i have reached that screen, my mouse goes bonkers.

matlab kai, i can't move the mouse. so i can point the curser in the password column and enter the password et cetera. i hope u lads get my drift.

much appreciated as always

gracias

Re: log on to windows screen {administrative password}

uhmmm.. try using the TAB key when u get to the logon screen

you can also reinstall the mouse drivers...
    Life is not a joke, but a life without jokes is a cruel joke of life

Comment

the tab key along with mouse is disabled @ that time. btw, how can i reinstall the mouse drivers?

Comment

I don't think u have much of choice but to reinstall the OS. What is it? XP? Just boot with the CD (if you have upgraded to SP2 then *slipstream the cd with the SP2), and when when asked choose the option of repairing the installation. If that doesn't work try the re-install option. Then finally just do a fresh install (that being the final option). You can recover your data via other options, to a separate drive. Let me know how you progress.
        An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

thanks yaar, btw tof y is this happening?

Comment

I know know, it could be some file corruption, maybe virus. Which PC is it ur home? Do a lot of people use it?
            An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

yeah it's a home pc. me, my sis and bro use it.

Comment

If the mouse is USB then I can see it happening. Try disabling anything other than
                - "Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller"
                - USB Root HUB

under "Universal Serial Bus controller" in "device Manager". It could be that USB2.0 is enabled and sometime it doesn't work well. This is a long shot!

Edit: You may have multiple items with above 2 names in device manager. Leave all alone. Only disable anything else in there. Try all USB items, if you have problems. just Enable it again.
                [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

Alternatively goto

Start > Run > type : "control userpasswords2"

without quotes ofcourse
                  Select the user you want to login by default. click ok. it will ask to type in the password twice. Do that. Now it will automatically login each time your computer starts. Even with passwords.

Hope this helps.
                  [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

wait... can u try a second mouse before reinstalling...

try booting in safe mode i.e. when the manufacturer's logo (e.g. Dell logo) comes up on boot, tap F8 until you get an advanced start menu... and then choose "Safe Mode" - see if that works...

regular boot may be trying to load a lot of services on startup... n one of them might have been freezing the comp.

is it XP?
                    Life is not a joke, but a life without jokes is a cruel joke of life

Comment

yes it's xp.

Comment

Is it a USB mouse? then it is possible that there is a conflicting device or resource. I'm not sure if this is going to be any good, but can you try unpluggin any device connected via USB except for the mouse? And as Mr.Genius mentioned, boot up into the Safe mode and check if the mouse is working, if it isn't then it could possibly be a problem with the mouse itself?
                        Say: "Not equal are evil and good, even though the abundance of evil may please you." So fear Allah much, O men of understanding, in order that you may be successful. (Qur'aan, 5:100)

Comment

Working...
                        X