Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOpen’s Pandora Mac mini clone opens box of legal trouble

Its cute:

"At the moment everyone might be buzzing about that Mac mini-alike concept PC from Intel, but its AOpen thats throwing out the lawsuit-bait. Their new Mac mini clone, codenamed Pandora, is based on Intels reference design, runs on a Pentium M chip designed for laptops, and should be out by September."

Full article
    An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Re: AOpens Pandora Mac mini clone opens box of legal trouble

Ha ha... as they say, "imitation is the best form of flattery", but this is just too close to the iMac Mini design. You are right.. it just screams "sue me!"

By the way, I own a Compaq desktop computer that I had bought a few years ago for my kids. Not something fancy. It's just a P-II with 10 GB HD and 128K RAM. But the thing that attracted me to it was the small footprint. Its probably not much bigger than the Mac Mini and had pretty much all the connectivity that I needed (2 USB's, a floppy, a CD-ROM etc). Its probably designed a good 5-6 years ago. Something like this

[thumb=H]Compaq12052_6991083.JPG[/thumb]
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Re: AOpens Pandora Mac mini clone opens box of legal trouble

I remember working on something similar (not 100% if it was compaq). There was another one which slightly bigger than the Mini, around that same time frame, but don't remember the brand of that either. Plus there was the Gateway model which was all in one unit. The as a cool device.
      An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

Working...
      X