Skype Video over IP - The New VOIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype Video over IP - The New VOIP

"Voip Watch reports that a new plug-in tool called "video4skype" has emerged. According to Spontania, Skype users will be able to "experience spontaneous high-quality video communication as easy as placing a voice call."

We knew video over ip would be the new VOIP, and it'll be exciting to see what's next as Skype develops more multi-media communication tools. Spontania's video4skype may be one of the first with video for skype, but there will be others to come since this is only the beginning of Internet protocol video communications.

With Skype you can make free calls over the Internet. Skype the whole world can talk for free"

Link to article
    An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Re: Skype Video over IP - The New VOIP

skype sux!!!
    Depending on the perspective, everything is beautiful!!

Comment

^ and why's that PD? that's what we need in this forum... experiential narratives to validate and/or disprove technology claims - just saying it sux doesn't mean much!
      For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Would the fellowing reason's be sufficient

Skype sux because:
        -No live customer support.
        -Payments in Euro, therefor it cost more........if dollar is on downfall.
        -Reasonably unreliable Network.
        -QoS issues related to peer-to-peer.

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Talib
          ^ and why's that PD? that's what we need in this forum... experiential narratives to validate and/or disprove technology claims - just saying it sux doesn't mean much!

I would agree with kingshah, I'd rather use yahoo vc than skype. It loses connection in every 2 minutes and sometimes doesn't even connect.
          Depending on the perspective, everything is beautiful!!

Comment

i love skype.. it works like a DREAM!!!!! and then skype will be out for the Symbian OS soon with the release of the Nokia N-series, that means ur connected just about anywhere.. call for free to anyone in the world!!! how cool is that man.. the end of 2005 is just going to rock!

Comment

I have been contemplating on converting my regular phone line into VoIP through AT&T or Vonage. If anyone has any experience using it, how is the voice clarity compared to regular phone lines?

Comment

nevermind. I read the other thread about VoIP....there's some great info in there

Thanks.

Comment

Zainman, there's already soft-phones available for PocketPC, Windows, Linux and Mac (SJPhone by sjlabs.com) and I'm sure there's something similar available for Palm OS as well. With that phone software all you need is a wifi connection (they are claiming that it works over GRS as well but I haven't tested that). Then you can subscribe to any of the VoIP service like Vonage or Stanaphone etc, and use it to make any and all calls.

BTW the BTPhone is supposed to be out in a few weeks. I'll be putting up another thread on that later today.

Comment

Zainman, why don't u reply to a direct comment? Tell us about what's available for Symbian, come on!! Gurus are supposed to know about things they are guru of

Comment

Working...
                    X