Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

network change

Hi

Ive got a mobile on contract and its on t-mobile and has the t-mobile logo on the phone. Now my contract is ending will I be able to make it a pay as you go phone on another network? If I put in a different sim it says "please insert correct sim".
    Is it possible to get it unlocked and how much will it cost?
    Its sony ericsson t630.
    Also can this phone be used in Pakistan?

Thanx.

Re: network change

The phone you have it has a simlock. you can easily have it removed... Either ask T-mobile to send you a code. (mostly telecom providers have a ceratin period - 1 year- before they send you the code) you should ask them. [which is free]

Or else, you can have it removed any of the call center in your locality. [they ask you like 10,-]

Comment

^ yep the phone is SimLocked , you need to contact T-mobile for unlocking code, which will be free... If you want to use your same phone number for PAYG then you must get a PAC code from t-mobile.
      A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Comment

T-Mobile let's you unlock 1 phone every 90 days of contract. Call them up, they would ask you for your IMEI # and then they will email you the PAC in 4-5 days.
        Once the simlock has been removed you can use that instrument with any GSM service you desire.
        An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I phoned up my company T-mobile and they said they charge 15 and it could take up to 28 days . Should I go somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by ~tabussum~
              I phoned up my company T-mobile and they said they charge 15 and it could take up to 28 days . Should I go somewhere else?
              you got to be kidding!!! after 12 month's contract you CAN get the unlocking codes free!!! atleast we vodafone (as per my knowledge) give it free (I'll check with cust service).
              A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Comment

unless she has a 2 year contract

Comment

T-Mobile in UK always charge 15 quid, no matter how long u have the contract with them. They did it with me after 5 years of contract (I upgraded the phone and used it for 14 months). But I took the phone to a mate & he had it unlocked it for a jack.

Comment

Working...
                  X