free internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free internet

hi, is there any free internet providers out there. Please help me.

Re: free internet

in which country?

waisay, its never free. you always get billed for the time you're online via phone bill, etc.

Comment

Get a 802.11g card with an external antenna.
      An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

If you need it just for a short period of time, you can pick up an AOL 1,000+ hour CD from any supermarket. Or PeoplePC CD.

If you live in a apartment community or places where homes are closeby, you may just be able to pick other WiFi networks in your neighborhood and, with luck, some may not have WEP enabled and you can use those without a problem, as long as your computer is equipped to use an 802.11b or g network.
        "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Originally posted by Gizzy
          in which country?

waisay, its never free. you always get billed for the time you're online via phone bill, etc.
          Gizzy bhai, his name is Atlanta, D'oh!

Anyway, in US there is no charge on local calls. It is only a non-US concept. Though I have to agree that the cell phone service is far better in Europe.
          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by TofiBaba
            Get a 802.11g card with an external antenna.
            tofibab, i have wireless connectivity and mostl travelling around i usually pick up free internet almost everywhere i go... but i was interested in knowing what this "external attenna" is?

Comment

Check this thread out:
              http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthrea...t=wifi+antenna

a lot of companies sell those to increase the range of ur wifi card. Let me know if you're interested and I can get u more info. Ofcourse there's always Google
              An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

tofi baba, thanks for the info..
                will this still be good if i'm not running my own wireless network .. ?
                i just wana get better signal from the people around the neigbourhoodz that i go in?
                i have a built in wi-fi 801.2g - in my laptop

Comment

Pakistani and mufta, no matta where you have been born or raised as long as u have paki blood in u, u just want to go for mufta eh. Gosh, cheap ppl, get a life and spend some money *shaking head in disapproval*
                  Depending on the perspective, everything is beautiful!!

Comment

Working...
                  X