Laptop screen resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop screen resolution

I recently bought a p3-500 Dell Latitude LS. Pretty decent laptop except theres one lil problem thats bugging me to no end and i cant find a solution. Its the screen resolution. It works best in 800 x 600. Which looks something like this:
    [thumb=H]80010329_3784283.JPG[/thumb]

Now i want the resolution to be 1024 x 768 which SHOULD look like this:
    [thumb=H]102410329_3784283.JPG[/thumb]

However when i increase the screen resolution to 1024 x 768, instead of shrinking everything on the desktop, everything stays at the same size. WHat happens instead is the system creates a virtual screen size which is bigger than the screen size. Sort of like if i have to take the mouse from one end of the desktop to the other end i have to scroll up or down.

Heres what it looks like: [thumb=H]1024a10329_3784283.JPG[/thumb]

Now in order to get to the bottom and right parts of the desktop i have to scroll there with the mouse.. which is pretty annoying. And i cant seem to fix this (make it all appear on one screen).

I have Windows XP Pro and the Display adapter is 'NeoMagic MagicGraph256AV'. I tried looking up NeoMagic's site for updated drivers or whatever but they seem to have stopped supporting their hardware. Any help please!!
    Yaad aaiy jo dard ki raat may, jis ki baat ho apni har baat may.

Re: Laptop screen resolution

maybe the max resoulurion is 1024x768 .. anything over, and you get the virtual thing. read the documentation and see what the max supported resolution is ...

the settings for this should be in display properties ..

Comment

laptoips have wierd resolutions..try running it in the 1400xsomething mode
      Thats thwe mode thats best suitewd for them.

Comment

after reading your post more thoroughly it seems to me i missed the mark. I dont know how to fix that but do try the 1400xSomething res if your laptop jhas it.

Comment

Your laptop video card supports 1024x768, but the LCD panel doesn't. The only thing the higher resolution would help in is if you have an external monitor attached then you may even be able to go to 1152x or 1280x settings.
          That was the problem with that generation laptops which came out around the 2000-2002 time frame. It is very annoying.
          An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

How about deleting the drivers from the System Properties panel. Maybe windows might be able reinstall the drivers and fix the problem.

And yeh, Tofi could be right, the LCD panel may not be supporting 1024x768
            Say: "Not equal are evil and good, even though the abundance of evil may please you." So fear Allah much, O men of understanding, in order that you may be successful. (Qur'aan, 5:100)

Comment

"could be"? How rude!
              An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

Working...
              X