Weird Yahoo login problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Yahoo login problem

For past few days everytime I try to login to Yahoo mail using my work laptop I always get the login failed page even if I enter the correct username/password combo. If enter the same info in that login failed page then it logs me in successfully. This happens in standard mode. If I use Secure mode at the very first page then I don't get the login fail page.

This does not happen on my home laptop. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone knows why's this happening? I'm suspecting some foul play. May be a virus or something.

Re: Weird Yahoo login problem

maybe some cookie/ firewall issue..

Comment

Try using the "Secure Login" area and see if that helps.
      Losers wrote the history. Winners were too busy celebrating.

Comment

So where is this computer that gives you the login failed page?
        It could be a password stealing page setup on a common computer. So the first time you put in the credentials it logs your (or anyone else's using that computer) username/password and then gives you the real Yahoo login page, so then you can login. If its a school computer report that to the admins immediately. If its office then stop using yahoo there, your activities are being logged. I'm not joking.
        An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

Oh, just re-read your post. It is your office laptop. Check the Yahoo page you get to the first time and see where its coming from.

Comment

dittooo ^^ kabhii kabhaar hamaray liyaay bhii kuch chorh diyaa karain...

Comment

Bhayee mujhe kia pata ke tumhein kiya aata hai! Ho sakta hai thel laga kar nikal jaao.

Comment

This is the first page: http://mail.yahoo.com/?.intl=us

This is the second page I get when login fails (I've removed some enteries for security purposes):

http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?...ss=&.partner=&.......................

Looks anything out of ordinary?

Thanks.

Comment

check your host file to see where mail.yahoo.com points to. Also check your DNS settings. If the HOSTS file is ok, change the DNS settings to a generic MCI one (e.g. 198.6.1.4, 198.6.1.5 etc) and see if that changes anything.

Comment

haha Tofi, you'll prolly have to explain him what is a HOSTS file and where to locate it and what it does :>
                    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Nope, hosts file has entry only for the localhost. I've few enteries for DNS suffix that are necessary to perform some company/business related functions. But they are safe.

Comment

My ping to yahoo goes to 216.109.127.60, urs maybe slightly different.
                        If you know as much as to know where ur DNS's are supposed to go then just use the secure Yahoo!
                        Enough said !!

Comment

Yes, I had arrived at the same sound conclusion myself. I actually prefer secure over standard for obvious reasons but by default the login page is in standard mode. That's another click to get to the secure mode. And I don't use bookmarks. I use address history.

Anyway, thanks for the pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
                            For past few days everytime I try to login to Yahoo mail using my work laptop I always get the login failed page even if I enter the correct username/password combo. If enter the same info in that login failed page then it logs me in successfully. This happens in standard mode. If I use Secure mode at the very first page then I don't get the login fail page.

This does not happen on my home laptop. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone knows why's this happening? I'm suspecting some foul play. May be a virus or something.
                            Roman, there is a problem between the keyboard and the monitor or maybe its just ID10T error.
                            Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

Working...
                            X