Is there any way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way...

I can repair the bulb for my laptop screen myself, or do I need to send it away to be repaired? The warranty's run out so I would like to save the money I'd have to spend on repairs but it also cos i really dont think I can do without my laptop for 5 days... i've got exams for the nxt 4 days and all my notes are on here!! I hate my laptop right now, and I'm straining my eye's even now to try and make out what I'm writing... so, any help?

Re: Is there any way...

If you can barely see anything on the screen, then most probably its the back light that's giving the probelm. But if the inverters' gone, then it is most likely that it took other things out with it too
    Say: "Not equal are evil and good, even though the abundance of evil may please you." So fear Allah much, O men of understanding, in order that you may be successful. (Qur'aan, 5:100)

Comment

ok...well i actually figured out i could buy replacement backlights, so was somewhat happy until i read your post... how do i know if the inverter's gone? or if it took other things out with it??

Comment

You can get (or use) an external monitor for the time being, till you have time to send it in for repairs. I, personally, would not try to fix the laptop screen myself.
        An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

If the inverter's gone, then there is complete black out and "NOTHING" on the screen, but if a backlight is gone, then you'll see some life in the screen ... you'll have to examine the screen from a very short distance to verfiy this.
          Say: "Not equal are evil and good, even though the abundance of evil may please you." So fear Allah much, O men of understanding, in order that you may be successful. (Qur'aan, 5:100)

Comment

I would follow TofiBaba's advice and instead of spending time and mony for the repair would prefer to get external monitor.

Once you open it, there might be different problem. Unless you mange to get the same model whos Harddisk or CPU had problem and replace the whole top unit.
            There is always a moral in every story

Comment

Thanks for the advice...

TofiBaba: I did actually borrow my brothers monitor for this week, just while i have my exams.

nos: no the inverter hasnt gone. i can just about see stuff on the screen... i did phone up the warranty helpline (even tho i dont have a warranty) and the guy helped me out anyway and told me that if i could see stuff that it was prob just the backlight.

Bookworm: I dont see why there would be a different problem if i opened it, or why i'd need to replace the whole top unit. my screen is fine. its just the backlight. but thanks anyway.

I'll prob try and fix it next week once i find somewhere that sells the size i need.

Comment

keep us posted on result of your repair. It will help us also.
                There is always a moral in every story

Comment

Working...
                X