converting audio file formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

converting audio file formats

i need to convert these mpeg video files to mp3 and also .dat files to mp3. what programmes has this function? anyone have any idea?
    thanks!

Re: converting audio file formats

Originally posted by Haris Zuberi:
    i need to convert these mpeg video files to mp3 and also .dat files to mp3. what programmes has this function? anyone have any idea?
    thanks!
    Use Virtual Dub

some basic instructions can be found here . basically, it'll be video source --> wav --> mp3.

virtual dub will let you do vdo --> wav.
    get any mp3 encoder and do wav --> mp3

Comment

Re: converting audio file formats

Originally posted by Haris Zuberi:
      thanks!
      You cannot convert video files to mp3 format. mp3 is audio only, unless you want to strip the video and just keep the audio.

Comment

Re: Re: converting audio file formats

Originally posted by Abdali:

You cannot convert video files to mp3 format. mp3 is audio only, unless you want to strip the video and just keep the audio.
        yes thats what i have to do, get rid of the video and make it an audio only file.

Comment

Re: Re: converting audio file formats

Originally posted by nomaan:

Use Virtual Dub

some basic instructions can be found here . basically, it'll be video source --> wav --> mp3.

virtual dub will let you do vdo --> wav.
          get any mp3 encoder and do wav --> mp3
          wow!
          thanks alot Nomaan!! very useful! but a bit complicated i guess, will have to learn the whole process carefully first.
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X