Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Drive Info

Oki here is a scenerio.

Suppose i have two Hard disks in my PC. I want to access their info, but the problem is, HD model is stored in diffrent windows class win32_diskdrive & the manufacturers serial number is in diffrent, win32_physicalmedia.

So far so good, but there is no link which model is for which serial number & vice versa, is it a mandatory in both classes their info will be in same order? if not, any idea how can i find that which model number is for which serial ?

Thanx

While rest of the world was busy mating I was Moderating Cafe and lost my jawani.

No one ? :-|

While rest of the world was busy mating I was Moderating Cafe and lost my jawani.

Comment

samajh hee aayee nahin question kee,

Comment

Yaar Jony .... I understand you've been fiddling with the registry alot lately ... take a break .... chill mar cheetay ...

How about looking inside the case and jotting down the serial nmber of the HDD? and even better: If you have a (new) Intel mobo then you can install the Intel Ultra ATA Storage Driver from the Intel CD. This program (Intel Companion) will list all the details of your HDD ... even the serial numbers

Hope this helps ...
        Say: "Not equal are evil and good, even though the abundance of evil may please you." So fear Allah much, O men of understanding, in order that you may be successful. (Qur'aan, 5:100)

Comment

nos that i consider as No Help

Comment

Originally posted by JonyBr:
            nos that i consider as No Help

open up ur box n write down the no, don't be lazy gawd
            Depending on the perspective, everything is beautiful!!

Comment

Dont u people realize that he is asking for a programming technique to check out the serial no. he is probably trying to create a software component to inforce copyrights. Isnt that so jony ?

Comment

^^ Yep something like that

Comment

^^Tou app nay apney pehley post mai yeh sab kuch irshad ker na tha na .... humain ilham tou nahe hota hai

I thought you were talking about the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry and hence suggested a ready made program

Originally posted by g3nu1n3:
                  Dont u people realize that he is asking for a programming technique to check out the serial no. he is probably trying to create a software component to inforce copyrights. Isnt that so jony ?
                  is kou kiss nay piyo banaya hai?

*aap he hain sab kay hamdard .... is liyay app ko zyada ihsas ho ga baray aay 'realize' kerwanay walay
                  Say: "Not equal are evil and good, even though the abundance of evil may please you." So fear Allah much, O men of understanding, in order that you may be successful. (Qur'aan, 5:100)

Comment

Originally posted by nos:
                    is kou kiss nay piyo banaya hai?
                    Nos .... the Venom is dripping from ur fangs !!!

And u r starting a personal rant here ... look at the wordings u selected .... guess u can even go lower ...

im closing this discussion .... wont be responding to ur comments

Comment

Originally posted by nos:
                      ^^Tou app nay apney pehley post mai yeh sab kuch irshad ker na tha na .... humain ilham tou nahe hota hai

I think my first post clearly talks about the windows classes & access them...which only is possible via programming

Comment

Maybe this might help ...

How to retrieve REAL Hard Drive Serial Number

But the Code is for C# !!!

Comment

^^ Good thanx. We have to match the DeviceIDs.

Comment

Originally posted by JonyBr:
                            ^^ Good thanx. We have to match the DeviceIDs.

Nice to know it worked out !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X