is this a virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a virus?

i got an email today out of the blue from someone whom I know and am prolly in their address book:

Subject: read it immediately

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is that your account?

talk.com (22K)

So basically the email subject is "read it immediately" and the email body just says "is that your account" and then the mail has a 22K attachment called "talk.com"

I was just going to click on it when I told myself WAITTTTTTT STOPPPPPP this is prolly a VIRUS!!!!!

I don't actually want to email this person and ask if they mailed me But should I open the attachment or is this a virus?

shukran jazeelan

.com is a dos executable, greater chances r its a virus.

forward it to ur yahoo or hotmail account they will check it with anti virus, in case u dont have one.

even tho if no virus found, if the sender is a comp genious & i wouldnt open it

peice a advice, never just click executables & files whcih contains macros, such as exe, com, pif, vbs, doc, etc...most read only files r harmless tho, txt, jpg, etc.

While rest of the world was busy mating I was Moderating Cafe and lost my jawani.

Comment

This is definately a virus. I received this kind of email too & was picked up by my anti-virus immediately.

Comment

Its surely a virus, and JB, these days JPEG files are infected with Virus.

I mean new virus would keep the icon of jpeg , but it would be either .vbs or .exe. You will never know, if you have hidden file extensions of known files.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies. Alright then, I'ma delete that email

Comment

Perhaps it is this virus

http://[email protected]

W32.Netsky.B is a mass-mailing worm that uses its own SMTP engine to send itself to the email addresses it finds when scanning the hard drives and mapped drives. This worm also searches drives C through Z for folder names containing "Share" or "Sharing," and then copies itself to those folders

Comment

This is a virus, which is spreading these days all over the net..

so be careful. delete it immediately!!!

Comment

thanks guys the email's been deleted

Comment

nahee yaar .... don't delete it ... I had sent you the file. Its the latest VoIP software ...damn

*kiddin
                  Say: "Not equal are evil and good, even though the abundance of evil may please you." So fear Allah much, O men of understanding, in order that you may be successful. (Qur'aan, 5:100)

Comment

Working...
                  X