Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSN Voice Chat Problem

The problem is weird...

When I establish a voice chat connection, I can hear the other person, but my voice doesnt go through, even though I see the mic status bar moving. Any suggestions? Could it be because of a codec problem? I know I once removed the DSP codec for yahoo voice chat and had to look through tonnes of sites to make it work again.

Did you try changing the mircophone? I faced exactly the same problem few days back. It was because of the faulty microphone. I had to move the wire around till it got in the right place to make it work. I changed the microphone atlast ....

I hope this helps ...
    Say: "Not equal are evil and good, even though the abundance of evil may please you." So fear Allah much, O men of understanding, in order that you may be successful. (Qur'aan, 5:100)

Comment

are u behind a firewall? hardware or software based? u might have to enable the ports...friend had the same prob...could hear the other person, but when he talked, his friend couldn't hear him...sound card was fine, microfone was fine...he was using a wireless SMC broadband router...just enabled a few ports needed on msn on that, and voila...worked fine

Comment

Originally posted by DeSiMuNdA:
        are u behind a firewall? hardware or software based? u might have to enable the ports...friend had the same prob...could hear the other person, but when he talked, his friend couldn't hear him...sound card was fine, microfone was fine...he was using a wireless SMC broadband router...just enabled a few ports needed on msn on that, and voila...worked fine
        Yep, im behind a wireless router. Which ports do I have to enable exactly? I dont want to enable all the ports and leave myself vulnerable, only what is necessary to get the voice chat working.

Comment

Port Range Protocol

1863 ~ 1863 Both
          5190 ~ 5190 UDP
          6891 ~ 6900 TCP
          6901 ~ 6901 Both

Comment

since i am not a netwrking person, can someone tell me how to enable a port?
            Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi:
              since i am not a netwrking person, can someone tell me how to enable a port?
              ^You have the same voice problem? If not, dont do that, it might leave you vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:

^You have the same voice problem? If not, dont do that, it might leave you vulnerable.
                I do have same problem via MSN but not in yahoo..

i just wanted to know how to do that... I am supposing it can be done temporarily
                Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                X