No honeymoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No honeymoon

Anyone here who did not go on a honeymoon right after the wedding festivities were over?
    Did you not go at all or did you just delay it?
    What was your reason behind your decision?

I don't want a honeymoon for 2 reasons. #1 I'll be moving to another city, away from our families, and I feel I'll have enough of a "getaway". #2 I don't want the stress of packing for a vacation right after the wedding.
    But I've been getting a lot of "haww why don't you wanna go on a honeymoon? You're so weird". It's annoying. Is it really that unusual to not go?

Re: No honeymoon

we didn't go untill after 5 days... i was delaying it because my hubbys brother was here from the uk, however it didnt matter much as he was the one who pushed us to go.

i think you should go, because even though you are moving to another city - that's not the same as a honeymoon..it will give you a chance to just RELAX and enjoy married life before getting into the daily routine. hell , if i could - i would go for another honeymoon at this point lol...

Comment

nidakibachi, If you don't want to go on a honeymoon then just don't go. Ignore the people who say you are weird.
      These people who are acting as if it is an obligation and a norm to go on a honeymoon are weird. So let them be.

Comment

I know people that waited a few months before they went on honeymoon - the main reason for the delay was that they'd both taken time off work for the wedding events and didn't have many holidays left. They wanted to wait until they had a new set of holidays so they could go on a "proper" honeymoon, rather than having a short break straight after the wedding.

I also know people who had both - a "mini-moon" (a short break/just a few days away) and then had their main honeymoon months later.

Comment

We did not go for a honeymoon, we just visited places in our city. We did not have reasonable time off at the time.
          May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
          Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
          Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

I went after 5 months , reason being both of us had family flying from other countries specially for our wedding (him being the youngest in whole family and me being the eldest, no one wanted to miss the wedding from either sides) and we decided we should spend time with them as much as possible and delay the homeymoon. We are happy we did that because we have not seen many of our relatives yet since 7 years. It all depends on your circumstances. Dont fall for what people say.
            "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

Im getting married in oct this year and we dont plan to go for a honeymoon till next february. Our reason is that first, we need to save up the money that we'll have spent on the wedding. second, i just think its a good thing to relax a while before getting into the excitement of travelling. the shaadi preps are enough to make you go crazy itself. and im the sort of person who NEVER travels without looking up where im going, how it would be, what are the attractions, what is the history blah blah. both me and fiance like to know ahead of time about the places we will visit. it just makes everything more personal to us... so thts y, we have decided to wait a while.
              oh and we can always have a small get away to naran/kaghan after a week or so of the wedding.

thats how i look at it.

Comment

We took our honeymoon 3 weeks after the wedding, because we wanted to focus on spending time with family right after the wedding. It's okay to take a honeymoon later, but one thing that I will recommend is to at least take a mini-moon...2-3 nights in a hotel, even if it's within your own city. Go out sightseeing, go for romantic walks, nice dinners, spas, etc. NO one else should be around (family) during this time. I think it's really important for a newly married couple to have at least a few days to themselves away from everyone where they can just spend time with each other and absorb the fact that they're married! It's better than staying at home because at home you're always going to have home responsibilities. So take a few days in a hotel room in your new city and have the mini moon!

Comment

we went after 5 months because huby had limited holidays
                  Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Comment

Not a concept in my family at all.

Do as you want. Everyone else opinion is not important.
                    Procrastination at its finest .. Thats me =)

Comment

^That..

Do what you and your husband what.. It's nobody else's business if you choose to go away or not..
                      Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

it will be a nice break away from all and formalities...I am sure you will remember those days later on (probably after you have had kids and no time to spare for a getaway). Just my opinion.

Comment

^ kids will take atleast 9 months to come after a wedding
                          "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

you can have multiple honeymoons like me
                            my first honeymoon was a complete failure
                            we went to naran but about 1km before naran we got stuck in a snow storm and husband suggested we turn back or else we will get stuck in naran with no one to rescue us and he had limited holidays
                            then we went to dubai after 11 months, then malaysia and thailand after about 5 months with 6 month pregnant me

Comment

I didn't have an immediate honeymoon because we didnt plan properly and ended up wasting time after the wedding at his house in Pakistan LOL. We figured we can put it off, but then I had a whole year of college left then I started working and it was hard to take time off. I finally just went to England and that was my alone time "honeymoon" sort of with my husband. I would still like to go on a get away in the future inshallah.
                              ~ amoureux ~

Comment

Working...
                              X