Foundation gets darker..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foundation gets darker..

I've been trying new foundations lately.... But the prob is after 2-3 hours of Application.. It gets darker... ..I kinda look a lil dark... Y does it happen? I'd there any special trick to prevent it..?
    or is there any specific foundation which doesn't look darker on skin?

Re: Foundation gets darker..

Are you using drugstore foundations? A lot of them are known to oxidize especially in the summers. I use Loreal's infallible foundation. It doesn't get dark for me but after 15-20 mins of application I feel it really settles down and it doesn't show that I have any foundation on. Also check out MAC or bobbibrown foundations. But before buying anything do read out the reviews that really helps. Also don't build it up much if it's oxidizing. Try putting a thin layer hopefully it'll stay true to its colour.

Comment

Are you using a primer?

Comment

^Ditto.

Oil on the skin is what causes oxidization. If you use an oil-control primer it should help a great deal. Also, blot the skin with blotting paper before you powder and use a powder puff to apply by pressing onto the skin and brush off the excess.
        "Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them" Some smart wiz.

Comment

^ what she said
          Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

^
            "Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them" Some smart wiz.

Comment

Hmm.. I don't use primer.....when I was using Bobbi brown .it never got darker...
              i think I ve to buy primer... Wt primer is good?

Comment

Originally posted by M_was_here View Post
                ^Ditto.

Oil on the skin is what causes oxidization. If you use an oil-control primer it should help a great deal. Also, blot the skin with blotting paper before you powder and use a powder puff to apply by pressing onto the skin and brush off the excess.
                where were you??
                LA ILAHA IL LALAHU MOHAMMAD UR RASOOL ALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by apple blossom View Post
                  where were you??

Unintentional hiatus due to a lot going on. But are you still doing makeup?

Comment

What face primer is good for dry skin?

Comment

^ laura mercier hydrating primer, i havent used it till now but recomended by my makeup teacher.

yes M just practicing
                      LA ILAHA IL LALAHU MOHAMMAD UR RASOOL ALLAH

Comment

Working...
                      X