Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk tretinoin 6 weeks before shaadi?

My stress has given me hideous cystic acne and some scaring

I have been searching this forum and come across retin-a and treinoin for acne and scarring

Is it worth taking the risk of all the flakeyness before my wedding? WHat if i use it every day for 6 weeks??

Re: Risk tretinoin 6 weeks before shaadi?

Simple answer is no. Besides, some people experience purging when starting RA so there is a chance you could end up with more acne right before the wedding.

For the scarring.....use a cream with hydroquinone and/or kojic acid. Use sunscreen diligently. 6 Weeks isn't enough time to make a huge difference but it MAY just even out/brighten your skin just a bit.

Comment

I would not recommend starting it 6 weeks before a special event

Comment

I have been using RA (tretinoin) for the past 2 weeks & haven't experienced any of the "side effects" (flakyness/purging).

Comment

Originally posted by Paheli00 View Post
          Simple answer is no. Besides, some people experience purging when starting RA so there is a chance you could end up with more acne right before the wedding.

For the scarring.....use a cream with hydroquinone and/or kojic acid. Use sunscreen diligently. 6 Weeks isn't enough time to make a huge difference but it MAY just even out/brighten your skin just a bit.
          My friend bought kojic acid soaps from eBay, she didn't notice any huge affect. Your reviews?

Comment

Afsoon, the effects can vary a lot depending on what stength you're using and of course everyone's skin is different and can react differently to it..

A low strength might be ok for most people but still cause redness or flakiness for some (I tended to get more redness so I used it alternate days till my skin got more used to it)..

Also some people find their acne gets worse when they first start with the Retin-A so that can be pretty distressing..

Inspi, you could try the Retin-A later on but not every day to start with if you're quite sensitive or worried about the side effects.. It's amazing stuff..
            Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

I wouldn't recommend it either. I had a serious outbreak after I started off with my acne treatment. It was pretty scary but I had no other hope so I continued with it. I had appointments with my doctor every month. The first month it had worsened. The second month it was just a little bit less, nothing that was calming me. And then in the third month, when I was getting so very hopeless, within a week it was all calm and I didn't get any new outbreaks. So 6 weeks before your wedding you are at a risk of a major breakout plus even though the flakiness was not an issue for me, whenever I would put on foundations I did have dry patches. You're gonna be married and of course getting ready for dinners and such after that so I wouldn't suggest you to go for such intense treatments. If you were in Pakistan I would recommend using Clinagel. It cured my sisters acne completely , I now use it for the occasional pimples and a blogger Sarah Hassan also wrote on it.

Best of luck for your wedding. Its a very special event, don't let this acne issue get to your head and make you overlook all the other amazing moments

Comment

So I went to the GP and I thought I would update you all on the outcome.

He was horrified to see my skin! He had only seen 2-3 weeks ago about something else.

He changed my contraceptive pill that I am to start to dinette which is anti testerone which can cause acne.

He gave me a cream (grease based) with retin-a 0.05 % and hydroquinine and he also gave a strong antibiotic topical for these random cysts

He advised antibiotics all over and the retin-a cream every other day ONLY on the cysts and see how I go. I go back to him in 7days then 14 days. Lets see what happens.

Comment

Inspi: Good luck! Please update us on how your skin reacts to the meds.

Originally posted by Lilly View Post
                  My friend bought kojic acid soaps from eBay, she didn't notice any huge affect. Your reviews?
                  There are many different Kojic Acid (KA) soaps out there and not all are good. Personally, I have Kojie San Soap and have been very happy with it. After I apply it, I try to leave it on for 5-10 minutes before washing it off. Makes my skin nice and bright. I buy mine at Amazon b/c there are fakes of this soap so it's important to make sure you get a reputable seller. BTW, this soap is strong so it's important to test it to make sure the skin can handle keeping it on. Tolerance should be built up just it peels or RA.

I've also used Cape Fear Naturals 4% Kojic Acid cream and was happy with that too.

Comment

I know I haven't been on here in AGES but OMG Inspi! You are getting married?! Congrats!!!!! =O
                    "Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them" Some smart wiz.

Comment

Originally posted by inspiron View Post

He was horrified to see my skin! He had only seen 2-3 weeks ago about something else.

He changed my contraceptive pill that I am to start to dinette which is anti testerone which can cause acne.

He gave me a cream (grease based) with retin-a 0.05 % and hydroquinine and he also gave a strong antibiotic topical for these random cysts

He advised antibiotics all over and the retin-a cream every other day ONLY on the cysts and see how I go. I go back to him in 7days then 14 days. Lets see what happens.
                      That combination should help a lot...I was on retin-a micro, azithromycin and benzoyl peroxide for about a year and my skin was glowinngggggg like never before.
                      Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Paheli00 View Post

There are many different Kojic Acid (KA) soaps out there and not all are good. Personally, I have Kojie San Soap and have been very happy with it. After I apply it, I try to leave it on for 5-10 minutes before washing it off. Makes my skin nice and bright. I buy mine at Amazon b/c there are fakes of this soap so it's important to make sure you get a reputable seller. BTW, this soap is strong so it's important to test it to make sure the skin can handle keeping it on. Tolerance should be built up just it peels or RA.

I've also used Cape Fear Naturals 4% Kojic Acid cream and was happy with that too.
                        Thank you! I understand Amazon is reliable.

Which one will you recommend to buy if I have normal skin, not dry/not oily?

Amazon.com: Cape Fear Naturals - Kojic Acid Cream - Natural Skin Lightener, Even Skin Tones - 2oz jar, 4% Kojic Acid: Beauty

Amazon.com: Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap(2 Pack): Health & Personal Care

Comment

Originally posted by inspiron View Post

I was going to suggest spot treatment of Retin-A because that's what I do when I get a huge spot randomly, usually due to stress. It works really well on the cyst and it goes away leaving barely any hyperpigmentation.

I would read a bit more about dianette before starting it.
                          OMG Paki!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly View Post

If you're looking for something only for your face/neck.....then go with the cream

Comment

Originally posted by stoppit View Post
                              I would read a bit more about dianette before starting it.

Comment

Working...
                              X