Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding decor, chocolate fountain, fruit bouquet

Hi guys!
    I was coming to pakistan in december to get married inshallah..
    I reallllly wanted to get a chocolate fountain but the lady i asked said somthing stupid like 300000 rupees.. Does anyone know of anyone that can provide chocolate fountains in the islamabad/rawalpindi area???? I would be very greatful if anyone could help me! Also do you guys have any idea about anything else interesting i can have on my wedding?? Like maybe professional bhangra dancers, a fruit sculpture etc???? Thanks! All ideas much appreciated and welcone to help make my wedding most memorable x

Re: Wedding decor, chocolate fountain, fruit bouquet

How large is your wedding going to be?

I'm envisioning mass chaos at the chocolate fountain. Do you really think the aunties and uncles will keep their unruly children under control, and actually what are the chances that the aunties and uncles themselves won't make a mess of the chocolate fountain?

I think the fountains are fine if you have a) a smaller wedding guest list, b) a waitstaff person to direct people on its usage (I'm seeing double dippling and c) where it's less of a novelty.

I personally am not a huge of chocolate fountains at weddings - it just seems a bit unhygienic to me.

As for fruit bouquets, I would think that an event planner, if given a photo of what you're talking about, shouldn't have any problems replicating it.

One more thing, maybe instead of a chocolate fountain, you can do an ornate dessert table with your colour scheme - just a grand presentation.

You can also do multi-cuisine food stations (Chinese, Italian, Thai, Pakistani, etc.)
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy shoes and that's kinda the same thing...

Comment

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/wedding/2...fountains.html

An older thread that talks about the same.

I remember seeing a chocolate fountain on the website for United Catering (http://unitedcatering.com.pk/). Don't know their rates though.

Hanif Rajpoot and other big caterers also probably do chocolate fountains. Confirm rates for a couple. It is going to cost you an arm and a leg though, since you'll probably need extra staff to make sure your guests don't go crazy. I was somewhat tempted by the idea but the main thing that put me off is that Pakistanis really don't have an appreciation for chocolate. The caterers will probably use the cheap quality stuff which mostly tastes like sugar, my guests won't be able to tell the difference and I'll end up paying a fortune for a novelty item.

Comment

Thank u very much for taking time out to reply guys.. Appreciate it alot! I actually think you might be right.. The guests wont appreciate it as much and the double dipping has put me off! Maybe i should stick to a deserts table but i definately wanted the fruit decorations for the mehndi maybe? I love the look of them. Do you know of any planners/people i can get them from?? And any more suggestions guys? Somthing different?

Comment

chocolate fountains are very unhygienic, don't waste your money on it.
          May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
          Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
          Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

We made a candy buffet at my mehndi so you could try that instead of the chocolate fountain

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnamonroll View Post
              We made a candy buffet at my mehndi so you could try that instead of the chocolate fountain
              Oh wowwww thats a great idea! Do u have any pics of urs?? Would love to see!

Comment

We had candy floss and kulfi at my brother's mehndi.

Comment

Working...
                X