Hair Styles for Matha Patti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair Styles for Matha Patti

Thinking about wearing a one sided matha patti for an event this weekend but I really don't like the idea of having my hair in a bun or flat to my head.....does nothing for my face.

I need a style that keeps hair looking full and wavy...maybe even messy.

Any suggestions?

Re: Hair Styles for Matha Patti

How about a half up-half down with a centre part?!
    The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah will love to meet him" [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by MissChievous View Post
      How about a half up-half down with a centre part?!
      yes....that's so far what I've been thinking....perhaps with some height at the crown....either with back-combing or some other way to build it up....

Comment

Here's a style:

There was another picture where the matha patti was wound in between an updo that had volume - that was stunning. Can't find it - maybe one of the other guppans remembers the pic I'm talking about.
        You can't buy happiness, but you can buy shoes and that's kinda the same thing...

Comment

Black bridal..must say I have seen this for the first time.dress is not bad though

Comment

recently saw a girl wearing a one-sided matha patti (on the left side) and she had a side swept half up-half down hairstyle.. it was a centre parting with a bit of backcombing on the sides and crown with the end of the hair curled and to the left side. the girl was a bit on the heavier side so the hairdo suited her nicely. if you're face is thinner, a nice updo with some backcombing in the front and crown would look great

Comment

thanks all.....

I don't like the bump right in the front of the face on the black bridal.
              I want something softer....

I'd love to see the style with the patti wound around the hair.....

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/296276794479/...00001671142104

There are more pictures of this bride on his timeline

Comment

I really liked this style which was for a jewellery catwalk show, it's a bit different:

I made a collection of Matha Patti hairstyles which you can view here: *link deleted*
                  Last edited by Muzna; Sep 3, 2013, 08:45 AM. Reason: please post your collection here if you wish....

Comment

I can't post all the photos here, but for anyone that wants to see, I've added the link to them on my profile in the "user notes" section. That's allowed right?

Comment

My favourite!! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
                      Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Comment

Originally posted by fashionblogger View Post
                        I can't post all the photos here, but for anyone that wants to see, I've added the link to them on my profile in the "user notes" section. That's allowed right?
                        that's fine.....thanks for understanding.
                        we'll be sorting through a better way to handle such stuff in the coming weeks and months.

Comment

Working...
                        X