X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy hair??

Hi,

I'm 26, and have a normal diet, etc.

I just started straightening my hair (flat iron), but have alot of hairfall while doing it.

I was checking online and read somewhere that it happens if your hair is weak.

I do have ALOT of hairfall, and hair is thin and doesnt look very healthy.

Any ideas how I can get my hair to be healthy and strong?

TIA

Re: Healthy hair??

I read somewhere Aloe Vera Juice does wonders for your hair. I have never tried it personally, so I would say Google first.... =d

Its super cheap though. I think Walmart has 99.8% Aloe juice for less than $10 and its over 1L, if you are in states/Canada.. but I guess any superstores would carry it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria01 View Post
      Hi,

I just started straightening my hair (flat iron), but have alot of hairfall while doing it.

TIA
      U have admitted to the problem above. If you're noticing hair fall when you straighten your hair, then why not avoid it? The perfect pin straight look without a single ripple is not worth the hair loss, so take a break from it. That will help the problem to an extent. I have thin hair as well and avoid heating devices and harsh chemicals.

Comment

1) How often do you straighten your hair?

2) Is the hair 100% dry when you use the iron? How hot does the iron get? Are you using a heat protectant?

3) Do you oil you hair at all?

Comment

Regular hair cuts

Comment

Originally posted by Tempe5t View Post
            U have admitted to the problem above. If you're noticing hair fall when you straighten your hair, then why not avoid it? The perfect pin straight look without a single ripple is not worth the hair loss, so take a break from it. That will help the problem to an extent. I have thin hair as well and avoid heating devices and harsh chemicals.
            I was actually surprised when I used the flat iron how much hairfall I had whilst doing it.

Is that normal? Does everyone's hair fall off whilst doing it?

I;ve never used one except this week, and that too, coz I'm learning how to use it (with my sisters').

I've gonna move to my husband's home soon, and I reckon that a using a flat iron would be a cheap and quick way to get my hair well groomed and looking good for the 1000s of dawats iA that will follow, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Paheli00 View Post
              1) How often do you straighten your hair?

2) Is the hair 100% dry when you use the iron? How hot does the iron get? Are you using a heat protectant?

3) Do you oil you hair at all?
              1. I never use any sort of gadgets for the hair, not even a hair dryer.
              During my Nikah in April, I had a blow dry a few times, and then on the day of the reception had the hairdo.
              I actually tried it this week to learn how to use it.

2. Yep, I used the Tresemme heat protectant. Yep, completelydry

3. No

Comment

get a hair cut which will give healthy look to ur hair but that is not a permanent solution.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

I think for now, I'll go with regular oiling, etc and taking a multivitamin aswell

Comment

stop using commercial shampoos...wash your hair with ReeThaa solution and aaoNla tel...that gives enuf nutrition to your hair's growth and health.
                    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

This is the best tip for hair fall ; Chop the onion into fine pieces and squeeze the juice out. Apply to the scalp and leave on for about 15 minutes; then rinse with a mild shampoo.

Comment

Last edited by Paheli00; Sep 15, 2013, 12:57 AM. Reason: Double Post

Comment

i vl suggest u strt oiling ur hair once in a week.strt taking multivitamin perfectil plus especially designed for skin,hair and nailz.have protein treatment once after 2 weeks and strt learn doing deep conditioning at home.it vl help u alot.

Comment

Go for dermatologist and u can get better suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveCheesecake View Post
                              I read somewhere Aloe Vera Juice does wonders for your hair. I have never tried it personally, so I would say Google first.... =d

Its super cheap though. I think Walmart has 99.8% Aloe juice for less than $10 and its over 1L, if you are in states/Canada.. but I guess any superstores would carry it.
                              sorry am not agree you advice think its depend on you hair scalp
                              we should consult 1st a dermatologist

Comment

Working...
                              X