Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon should I book my bridal makeup artist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How soon should I book my bridal makeup artist?

Hey guys,
    I'm getting married in Karachi in December 2013. I live in Canada so not too sure how things work in Pakistan. I'm flying in a couple of weeks before the wedding but my mom plans to get out there about a month beforehand. Will that be enough time to get someone good?
    If you have any info on good artists/ prices, please let me know. Thanks!

Re: How soon should I book my bridal makeup artist?

Also, do any of the makeup artists do consultations beforehand so I can review/sample their work?
    I really appreciate your guys' help!

Comment

No one? Come on you guys, I really need help!

Comment

I don't live in Pakistan but I think in general, once you decide which makeup artist you want, you should book them asap. Makeup would be one of the first things I'd book as soon as I'd finalize the date.

Comment

Hey!

I actually changed my mind the last minute from sharmaine to rukaya's! So I booked her just a week before the wedding!!!
          Usually people book them 3 months ahead. If you know who you want, have your mom book her! I would highly suggest Rukaya's! They charged me 25 000 which included bridal make up with rukaya, waxing, pedicure.
          Last edited by Miea; Aug 13, 2013, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys! That's really helpful! I've heard about Rukayas too but I thought she was uber expensive. 25000 is actually pretty reasonable for all that. Did you have her for both shaadi and valima? Did you find that she is good with natural/neutral looks?

Comment

Originally posted by Siren View Post
              Hey guys,
              I'm getting married in Karachi in December 2013. I live in Canada so not too sure how things work in Pakistan. I'm flying in a couple of weeks before the wedding but my mom plans to get out there about a month beforehand. Will that be enough time to get someone good?
              If you have any info on good artists/ prices, please let me know. Thanks!
              Book them as soon as your dates are set. Try to get a facial or two from the same MUA as he/she can prepare the skin accordingly.

Comment

no,no Rukaya's is pretty reasonable! If you don't get the package and just get the bridal make up she charges Rs.18 000, if you book her for both your shadi and valima along with a package i think she charges something like 16 000 for valima make up!

oh yes! she was really good! I hateee it when MUA cake you up with layers of foundations.. i did not have that issue with her at all. She did the entire make up herself and would always ask me if i liked it or not.. if i didn't she actually changed it!

Comment

Originally posted by blackdiamond View Post
                  Book them as soon as your dates are set. Try to get a facial or two from the same MUA as he/she can prepare the skin accordingly.
                  Thanks blackdiamond, I do intend to get the full waxing, mani/pedi, facial, etc. package. I'm not sure if it will be with the same MUA though. It would depend on if she can schedule me in since I want to get the preliminaries done a couple of days in advance to make sure I have time to recover if something goes awry (God forbid! I cringed just thinking about that).

Comment

Originally posted by Miea View Post
                    no,no Rukaya's is pretty reasonable! If you don't get the package and just get the bridal make up she charges Rs.18 000, if you book her for both your shadi and valima along with a package i think she charges something like 16 000 for valima make up!

oh yes! she was really good! I hateee it when MUA cake you up with layers of foundations.. i did not have that issue with her at all. She did the entire make up herself and would always ask me if i liked it or not.. if i didn't she actually changed it!
                    That's awesome! I think I'll get her for at least one thing since she has a pretty good rep. I'm not sure if I'll be doing both baraat and valima with her though since I've seen that certain MUAs have the same "look" and I want to look different on both days. This is her, right? >> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rukai...22574077790290
                    Thanks again!

Comment

Yes, that's is her!

Comment

I thought I'd post an update since you guys have been so helpful here!
                        so it looks like I'll be going to Sabs for the valima. Still haven't completely fixed on anyone for the baraat. But (pending mommy approval) I'm leaning towards Rukaya's. or Alle'noras. Bina khan looks pretty good too but I'm not too sure about her. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comment

Working...
                        X