Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haars or Boutonnières?

Hey all,

I'm having trouble deciding what to as far as haars for the family members of the groom for when they enter the shaadi hall. Traditionally most brides families put a haar on the groom, his parents, siblings, and other elder family members. But living in the States, and considering floral costs, I was wondering if its a better idea to just do the grooms haar, and maybe boutonnieres for his dad, bros, and uncles? and maybe gajray for the mom, and sisters?

Its not just about the costly flowers that are available here...baraatis dont even wear the haars, theyd most likely remove them before even taking their seats. So instead of wasting money on getting haars which will go to waste, Im thinking if we do boutonnieres, they'd at least wear them throughout the entire event. That budget can even be used towards fancier floral centerpieces or stage flowers...

The issue that I'm also considering is the awkwardness pinning on the boutonnieres while the baraatis are entering as opposed to just simply putting a haar on. is it ok to just hand them the boutonnieres and have them pin it on themselves?

Please give you input or share personal experiences!

Thanks!!

Re: Haars or Boutonnières?

My suggestion...just give then the boutonniers to pink themselves...and maybe use fake flower haars for groom etc too...most people do Tht even in pk

Comment

Fake flower haars big NO, please don't give haars if you have to give fake flower hars. On my wedding, my husband was the only one to get a haar and that because my mother was so adamant about it.
      May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
      Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
      Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

no no using the real flowers or fake isnt the issue...its just about it being wasted...

how do you guys feel about handing out the boutonnieres for pinning on themselves?

Comment

Yup, handing them out is fine, no need to pin them.
          May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
          Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
          Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Originally posted by chaitimee View Post
            no no using the real flowers or fake isnt the issue...its just about it being wasted...

how do you guys feel about handing out the boutonnieres for pinning on themselves?
            This is what we did at my cousins wedding. The receiving line had a lot if people in it and each of us had a bunch of the boutonnières/gajras. Since multiple people were doing the pinning w

Comment

No haars for anyone

Comment

Cut myself off. Sorry.
                Anyways, we got it done pretty quickly without holding up the baraat since all the khalas, phupis and older cousins were helping. We even had the younger girls toss rose petals on the baraatis.
                This was in Canada so if you're concerned about costs you can just order fresh flowers, recruit a bunch of cousins an make the boutonnières yourself. If you're creative, they'll turn out gorgeous. Good luck!

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by chaitimee View Post
                    thanks!!
                    Post pics and let us know how it turns out

Comment

will do! =D

Comment