Acne Marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acne Marks

I had a minor acne break out in January this year. My face really sprouted out and it was nearly cystic. But I went on medicines etc and now Alhumdullilah my face is perfectly clean from 3-4 months. I didn't get any acne scars; the ones which are deep and you feel bumps on your skin, did have them in the start but not anymore. My only issue are the red marks. There are spots all over my cheeks which i am only able to hide by 2 layers of foundation. I have fallen in a habit of just putting foundation on my cheeks as after that my face is completely clean. They are fading away sooo slowly that I feel like maybe they'll remain like this forever? I really miss how my face was before all this Did anyone went through this? Will the scars fade away with time? Should I go for any medicines or home remedies?

Will greatly appreciate any help

Re: Acne Marks

Have you changed diet?

i got allergic to yoghurt, never in my life had i suffered from spots and then suddenly one day i was covered in big red spots. Control what you eat and then check what it is you are allergic to.

Comment

Acne Marks

Which acne med did you go on? How long did it take? Any side effects?

Hope you don't mind

Comment

Originally posted by S and S View Post
        Which acne med did you go on? How long did it take? Any side effects?

Hope you don't mind
        Yeh i wanna know too

Comment

Acne medicine

Gel: Clindamycin

Capsules: Tetracycline (antibiotica)

Adults with acne are recommended 500 mg pr day (tetracycline) and Clindamycin gel should be applied in a thin layer every night. The treatment should be continued for 12 weeks to see efficient results. Most people tend to break out heavily in the beginning, but do not worry. It will get better. Unfortunalty for some people it does get so bad that the breakout of the treatment leaves heavy marks on the skin. One thing to be caution about when you start the treatment. Stay away from milk products.

One can also use birth control pills for treatment of acne.
          Procrastination at its finest .. Thats me =)

Comment

Syrope, S and S are you from Pakistan? If yes then get Clinagel. Its my holy grail product. It didn't make much difference when I was breaking out like crazy but now, everytime I get a pimple I put this on once or twice a day and it never lets my pimples become white heads or hurt. They are gone in 2-3 days.

For medicine, I used mild accutane (basically the drug Isotretinion goes by different brand names) along with Dual Gel. I was on course for three months properly and then in the 4th month even though my derma told me to continue with it, I stopped. Its been months and I am clear alhumdulillah.

Comment

Working...
            X