Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

    Hi Ladies


    i plan to get married soon, but not sure when to get dress made ( i'm a lazy bride).i'm a really small size 8, UK standards, h&m size 6 fits me. Anyhoo, i was wondering when i should start ordering. I plan to get married in Novemeber this year if not then January 2014. Are there any places in Birmingham anyone can recommend, i'm on a budget so i'm after mid range. Also, are there any good make up artists and henna artist in Birmingham, again on a budget, how much will it cost, will be looking to have just one day.

    thanks
    x

    #2
    Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

    I think you're supposed to order about 4-5 months early to be on the safe side, so start searching now! For an MUA check out @sadiiyah on instagram, she's quite good and she's based in Birmingham.
    α thσusαnd tímєs í'vє fαílєd, αnd stíll Yσur Mєrcч rєmαíns <3

    Comment


      #3
      Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

      I went Birmingham and asked how much notice they need and they said 6-8 weeks but I would order it atleast 3 months before just in case it doesn't look right when u get it! That way u will have time to get alterations made!!

      Also best shops are on alum rock road and lady pool road..soho road is good too but I find that clothes are way too over the top there, if u want classy designs then lady pool road is good

      Comment


        #4
        Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

        Thank you ladies x

        Comment


          #5
          Im from birmingham! Andgot married this year can advise! What are your budgets? If u like inbox me and i can send u details of people i came across/used during my wedding preps! Will list later its like 4.30am need to sleep lol x

          Comment


            #6
            Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

            Generally speaking, it would spend 2 months on the custom-made wedding dresses. so, you'd better order it two months earlier.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

              Originally posted by LittleRocket View Post
              Hi Ladies


              i plan to get married soon, but not sure when to get dress made ( i'm a lazy bride).i'm a really small size 8, UK standards, h&m size 6 fits me. Anyhoo, i was wondering when i should start ordering. I plan to get married in Novemeber this year if not then January 2014. Are there any places in Birmingham anyone can recommend, i'm on a budget so i'm after mid range. Also, are there any good make up artists and henna artist in Birmingham, again on a budget, how much will it cost, will be looking to have just one day.

              thanks
              x

              Salaam

              I am from UK and got my bridal lengha from Birmingham too I got married earlier this year, April 2013. You will need about 3 months. Every place I went to said 3 months/ 12 weeks on average. Speaking from first hand experience, I ordered mine in mid December 2012 and it was made and sent to the shop early March 2013. I then went for a fitting and had alterations made so it took another week or two before it was completely ready.

              Top tip: When the shop keepers ask "when is the wedding?" its best to probably say a month earlier than you really need it for just to make sure that they will definitley have it ready in time, otherwise you'll be lucky to get your dress even in time for your wedding, never mind in time for an early fitting too.

              For the best places I would recommend Alum Rock Road, Ladypool Road, Soho Road and then Stratford Road- in that order lol! Alum Rock road was the best earlier this year, I found that all the shops in Ladypool were all very much the same and not very unique or special.

              Good Luck! Let us know how it goes

              Comment


                #8
                Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

                Originally posted by sequin View Post
                Salaam

                I am from UK and got my bridal lengha from Birmingham too I got married earlier this year, April 2013. You will need about 3 months. Every place I went to said 3 months/ 12 weeks on average. Speaking from first hand experience, I ordered mine in mid December 2012 and it was made and sent to the shop early March 2013. I then went for a fitting and had alterations made so it took another week or two before it was completely ready.

                Top tip: When the shop keepers ask "when is the wedding?" its best to probably say a month earlier than you really need it for just to make sure that they will definitley have it ready in time, otherwise you'll be lucky to get your dress even in time for your wedding, never mind in time for an early fitting too.

                For the best places I would recommend Alum Rock Road, Ladypool Road, Soho Road and then Stratford Road- in that order lol! Alum Rock road was the best earlier this year, I found that all the shops in Ladypool were all very much the same and not very unique or special.

                Good Luck! Let us know how it goes
                Thank you very helpful x

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

                  Originally posted by BellaShabba View Post
                  Im from birmingham! Andgot married this year can advise! What are your budgets? If u like inbox me and i can send u details of people i came across/used during my wedding preps! Will list later its like 4.30am need to sleep lol x
                  Thanks chick, ive sent you pm x

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

                    I got my 2 bridal lehngas made from birmingham and I am getting married in a week time. From my experience I can tell you that atleast order it 16 weeks before the wedding. I ordered my lehngas end of march and I was told it takes 12 weeks but recieved one lehnga in 15 weeks and the other one in 17 weeks. So I suppose you will be better off if you place order asap

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: How in advance should i get tailored wedding dress- birmingham UK

                      my walima outfit was from birmingham. i ordered it in february and got it one week before my wedding in june. i ordered my bridal end of december 2012 and got that at the beginning of april

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X