Manchester-where to shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester-where to shop?

Where are the best places to shop in Mancester for bridal clothes? And jewellery? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Manchester-where to shop?

I went to manchester last summer , and i think all the desi stuff is at wilmslow road

Comment

Any specific shops for bridal wear?

Comment

je roche is good, theres also a new shop next delhi sweet centre thats got lots of designer stuff. then theres alankar wich is more indian styles. and colours is also good. avoid anand fashions as they have **** stuff. also there is a place in cheetham hill called sai fashions, they have some nice bridal stuff and you can banter on price. also imani studio had some ABSOLUTELY beautiful lehengas!! but they are quite pricey as they have original designer stuff!!

Comment

So far I know of Imani, je roche and burooj. I Love the bridals of Mehdi and Sana Safinaz...not always the prices lol are my expectations too high to find something of the like in Manc? Obv Imani stock Mehdi.

Comment

Thankssss! Alankar and sai fashions have been added to my list

Comment

Wilmslow road has a few shops.
              I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Comment

i went imani a few weeks back and some of the bridals were AMAZING!! but yh he was quoting like 3000-5000 for each. i think u cud find summat nice there. he also had alot of books n was saying u could choose any of the designs and he would get em made. from the designers themselves not replicas. burooj! thats the one nxt to delhi sweet centre! yh i havnt been there much but she also stocks paki designers so i think u got a fare chance of finding something nice. sai fasion and alankar do alot more indian style lehengas but are worth a look around. also i think colours is good too! deffo check them out. theyre also on wimslow road!

Comment

Thanks saloo, that's super helpful. I'm planning a trip soon and I want to make the most of my time there.

Comment

Where abouts are you?
                    if near manny then check out poshaak (blackburn) they have very pretty lengha's.

I would also try bradford a friend got their lenghas from there ( white abbey road )
                    and i would defo recommend pakistani bazaar killingham rd ( check spelling? )
                    we got our outfits for my sisters wedding from there and their jewellery was woooahhh
                    Dream as you'll live forever...live as you will die today....

Comment

imani is really good but expensive. Alankar is great for indian type dresses (as pointed out before). when is the big day?

Comment

There is also a Burooj on Beresford road - next to a cash and carry (not too far from wilmslow road). YOu can also try some shops on A6 (Stockport road)!

Comment

Aaliyah...i also wanted a Sana Safinaz type lengha...and i have nearly completed my order with Burooj, u will need to make an appointment and go upstairs and see their bridals, there prices start from around 1400.

Je Roche has gorgeous stuff as well.

Do not go Sai fashions, Alankar...you will hate it, its very indian, blingy heavy, fish taily stuff.

Imani are good, but the lenghas i saw were the same ones they had 5 years ago.

Comment

I def plan on making an app with burooj. Aw that's so exciting that your outfit is nearly complete! How has your experience been with them?

Comment

I agree with S girl - Alankar and Sai - it is very Indian. I think there is a show coming to Manchester early next year end jan/feb? - I had seen their ads on wilmslow road. It might be a good place to see if anyone shows any exciting dresses there.

Comment

Working...
                              X