All these whitening creams......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these whitening creams......

i have friends and cousins bak home who have been using such creams for over a decade, their skin is smooth, flawless and yes, its now alot fairer than they used to be ......so how come we get told over and over about the harms to the skin of such creams....yes, we are more educated in the western world, but such products are bought by millions in india and pakkistan, and thye dont seem to suffer any of the consqeuences we have been told will occur to us if we use them........i would have liked to have seen atleast one person allegedly suffering, but all of them are fair now, WITH gorgeous skin, no spots, flawless, and it doesnt look thin...i have a cousin who i took a pic with when we were 14, i was fairer than her, now at 24, shes pitch white, and has better skin than the rest of the cousins who arent even using it......so whats going on....and why is there such a ho haa about these creams.

on the shelf in pak i ve seen over 30 different types of creams all marketed for whitening.....how do we know what works, and what doesnt, people seem to be buying them in bulk......and some were even out of stock for few weeks because it was in demand but was geting sold out as soon as it came in.

i did think that maybe these proffesionals who would probably not have an interest in advertising such creams because they lose their market...such as dentists who will swear to god that nothing whitens teeth except their own expensive procedures, yet people can do it at home for cheap without going to dentist....is this the same with beauty salons/dermatoligists/estheticians etc

Re: All these whitening creams......

I heard a lot of pakistani girls use formula creams. these creams are a mixture of many whitening creams. one of my friends told me that her cousins have been using it for over 8 years and they became like from dark to milky white, and no harm has been done to their skin.

She was also afraid of the harm so did not use, but about 2 weeks ago she started using it and i saw her a couple of days ago, her skin obviously looked better than before, i think these formula creams really work, and work quite fast.

Comment

1) You're right that millions of people in Indian/Pakistan/Bangladesh buy these creams. Heck there are millions of women in Africa who buy these types of creams too. But out of those MILLIONS of people, how many people have you met personally who have used these creams long-term without any side effects? 10 people? 20? 30?

Millions of women give birth every year too. I personally do not know of a woman who had died giving birth. Does that mean that not one single woman dies giving birth? My point is that just b/c all the women you know have had great results with these cream....that doesn't mean that there aren't women out there who have been permanently disfigured as a result of using them.

2) You don't "need" to go to a professional in order to get a whitening cream in the West (at least no in the U.S.). There are many over-the-counter creams that contain hydroquinone....and if you do research....you can even make your own cream containig various ingredients that are proven to lighten skin.

I do chemical peels at home that I buy online (super cheap compared to having a "profesional" do it). I also buy my Retin-A online without a doctor's prescription. I also make my own Vit. C serum at home using raw ingredients I buy online. But that doesn't mean that all those ingredients don't have the potential to damage my skin. I'm VERY aware of the risks and the precautionsn I need to take the minimize the chances of anything going wrong.

At the end of the it's about using a product with FULL KNOWLEDGE of its risks. Whether its Retin-A, various AHAs, Chemical Peels, skin lightening products......every single thing that can make us "prettier" also has the *potential* to damage our skin permanently. The information is out there. You read it...and hear about it. At the end...its your face, and you will have to live with the results of the products you use....whether good or bad. Whether its a "professional" or an online forum.....the risks are out there for you to read. After that...only you can decide if the risks outweigh the potential benefit of the product.

Comment

Okay so someone share names / brands of tried and tested creams
        I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
        Bite Me! -- Please
        I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

what are these so called formula creams...

Comment

paheli- what do u use and how effective is the vit c serum.....everytime i try anything i get pimples appearing, ......

Comment

its I think, Archi, Betnovet, Stillmans Bleach, Fair & Lovely and Vitamin E capsules..

I am not sure about it.. but have been told by one of my friends!!
              So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
              William Shakespeare

Comment

betnovet-isnt that some medicated cream u buy in pharmacies.....

Comment

yeah, its for pimples, so if you mix it, in that case, your skin is clean from pimples too!!
                  So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
                  William Shakespeare

Comment

because Archi is very oily cream and if you apply it you may get pimples if you have a real oily skin too, i think thats why they suggest to add betnovet too!
                    William Shakespeare

Comment

The only thing that shows me is South Asian folk are extremely insecure in their skin.
                      I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Comment

Women of any region have almost same problems, you can't specify the South Asians, its just about an individual! some are satisfy with what they are blessed while others believe in bringing changes!!
                        William Shakespeare

Comment

It's the whole thing I want to white and I hate being brown. People especially girls need to get rid of that mentality.
                          I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Comment

^ sometimes these insecurities rise from men saying harsh things to them, or radiating towards fair girls.

Comment

^ well said, good answer!
                              William Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                              X