Damask outfits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damask outfits

Could you please post damask patterned outfits that you've seen (asian outfits rather than english type ones), like lenghas, kameezes you've seenetc, I'd like to get some ideas for getting one made. I've seen a couple so far but there doesnt seem to be a lot of them?

Here's the ones I've seen so far, I haven't been able to find much else.

In case you're not sure what I'm asking for, damask patterns have these kinda styles.

Thanks! x
    It's all fun and smiles until you get bitten by a shark.

Re: Damask outfits

oooh, I LOVE damask prints!
    Life is too important to be taken seriously- Oscar Wilde

Comment

you should look into zainab sajids collections.. they always use awesome prints

Comment

Yeah I love Zainab Sajid's stuff, haven't seen this collection though! thankies

Comment

thats a lovely use of damask prints. sometimes if its all over one outfit, it can look like wallpaper.
          Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
          - Nehru

Comment

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...omen%7EDresses
            it's a dress but the material like this can be used for a kameez as well

Comment

Aww thats such a nice dress as well, proper 20's style flapper dress...but it's so expensive! I was asking my mum about finding damask print material in the shops but she said's its not very likely cos they dont tend to have that stuff

Comment

i saw it debenhamms, it's palachi fabric then i saw this as well at facebook

so i think u can get the fabric from pakistan as well

Comment

just found some more :

Comment

Love them!
                    Eat. Pray. Love.

Comment

Me too! Keep them coming, I'd love to see different variations
                      Im thinking of sending a few pics to India (or Pakistan, whoever goes somewhere first) to get something made, I'd ideally like to get a jacket suit made but whatever really looks nice!

My friend had this made from india for really really cheap, so may use something like this idea otherwise to make a longer kameez version.

Comment

^ very nice!

here are a couple of jacket styles:

Comment

[QUOTE=marigold;8578357]you should look into zainab sajids collections.. they always use awesome prints

QUOTE]

I'm really loving this one... is it one sleeve with that arm band? It's so awesome!

Comment

Marigold I LOVES those jacket ones. I've seen another jacket one I like but it's not a damask one, its a bluey brocade one by Imani. Lemme see if I can get a pic!

Comment

This one! I saw this up close in black in central when Imani were having a sale, and I really liked the jacket, although I'd prefer it in blue rather than black. It's saved in my list of stuff I wanna get made when I go to Pakistan!

Comment

Working...
                              X