Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fashion Trends in Canada.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fashion Trends in Canada.

    Hi.

    I need help. A family friend has asked me to send some formal party wear for Toronto and she is gonna try sell them. What happened is that she came to Pakistan a while back and really liked my wardrobe and suggested i get few clothes made to sell in toronto. I am not too sure of venturing into this due to various reasons esp it not being a direct selling thing but it doesnt harm to give it a try so i am going to do it.

    Few questions for those who live in Toronto;

    1) What are the trends there nowadays? Are people willing to try what is in trend in Pak or they follow their own?.

    2) Any particular colors you guys are fond of? or any specific materials? or even style?

    3) From what i have observed of most people from abroad is that they r more into heavy embellishments and literally flashy looking clothes esp when it comes to their desi attire. Is that rite?

    4) Check the pic in attachment and tell me approximately how much $ it should be sold for or how much you would be willing to pay for it?.





    Thanks. I'll be posting more questions as i think of them and hoping to hear from you guys.
    Attached Files
    Don't tell God that you have a big problem, tell your problem that you have a big God :)

    #2
    Re: Fashion Trends in Canada.

    perhaps you could tell us what the fabric is as well.....because that makes a big difference in what I would pay for it......

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Fashion Trends in Canada.

      ^ It's chiffon.
      Don't tell God that you have a big problem, tell your problem that you have a big God :)

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Fashion Trends in Canada.

        You should send fashionable clothing. Canada is a few months behind in fashion but eventually catch up. I'm not sure about the prices, but everything is over $100.

        People in Canada tend to look for clothes that are very stylish/unique. Not necessarily flashy/heavy.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Fashion Trends in Canada.

          Originally posted by Star786 View Post
          You should send fashionable clothing. Canada is a few months behind in fashion but eventually catch up. I'm not sure about the prices, but everything is over $100.

          People in Canada tend to look for clothes that are very stylish/unique. Not necessarily flashy/heavy.
          Agreed. I rarely, if ever, buy anything heavy in Toronto. I'll just have it made in Pakistan and sent to me if the occasion arises that I need something heavy.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Fashion Trends in Canada.

            I would be looking for a suit that would cost a maxium of $150 CDN.

            If it were a kaam suit for a special occasion, then I would go higher.

            But a for an outfit that is embroidered (similar to something like Thread & Motifs style), $150 would be the max.

            I would love somethign that has a long A Line dress with churidaar pajama.

            And for myself, long sleeves that are not see-through.

            Yes, a lot depends on material as well.

            For the outfit posted - it doesn't look like emroidary but another printed piece of fabric stiched on. I would pay around no more than $75 for it.
            "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Fashion Trends in Canada.

              Originally posted by Star786 View Post
              You should send fashionable clothing. Canada is a few months behind in fashion but eventually catch up. I'm not sure about the prices, but everything is over $100.

              People in Canada tend to look for clothes that are very stylish/unique. Not necessarily flashy/heavy.
              Originally posted by terebina786 View Post
              Agreed. I rarely, if ever, buy anything heavy in Toronto. I'll just have it made in Pakistan and sent to me if the occasion arises that I need something heavy.
              Originally posted by Afshi View Post
              I would be looking for a suit that would cost a maxium of $150 CDN.

              If it were a kaam suit for a special occasion, then I would go higher.

              But a for an outfit that is embroidered (similar to something like Thread & Motifs style), $150 would be the max.

              I would love somethign that has a long A Line dress with churidaar pajama.

              And for myself, long sleeves that are not see-through.

              Yes, a lot depends on material as well.

              For the outfit posted - it doesn't look like emroidary but another printed piece of fabric stiched on. I would pay around no more than $75 for it.
              Thank-you all I have noted down these pointers, im sure they wl come in handy for me .
              Don't tell God that you have a big problem, tell your problem that you have a big God :)

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Fashion Trends in Canada.

                Another thing...don't skimp on quality and expect a high price! Too often, you see poor quality clothes at $100 or so, just because it's being sold overseas. People will NOT be paying that much, especially with internet shopping becoming increasingly reliable.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Fashion Trends in Canada.

                  ^ I completely agree
                  Don't tell God that you have a big problem, tell your problem that you have a big God :)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X