Famous mehndi recreated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous mehndi recreated

Remember the famous purple mehndi bride? We got someone copying her..or not. Maybe its just a coincidence but it looks very similar imo. I was searching wedding stuff to help out a friend and saw these few pics:

Re: Famous mehndi recreated

I think they just used the same decorator. I know there is a decorator in Toronto that has that style in his portfolio, and if a bride asks for it, he will recreate it for them. I dont think it means they are necessarily copying the other bride, they just happened to really like the decor. and even if they are copying the other bride, it just means the first bride had good taste in decor
    There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart!

Comment

I know, I know. That is why I wrote "coincidence". It just maybe a coincidence or same decorator or perhaps she was inspired by the other bride.

Comment

It does look very similar
        It was done by this company btw (in case you were interested) :http://www.dreampartydecor.com/backdrops.html

I think they're based in Canada but i'm not sure for defo
        It's all fun and smiles until you get bitten by a shark.

Comment

^ yes thats the company I was talking about. I have been to a couple weddings in Toronto where they had the same decor for the mehndi. I think its a pretty popular style, and I can see why, it looks great!
          There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart!

Comment

Originally posted by fanna View Post
            Remember the famous purple mehndi bride? We got someone copying her..or not. Maybe its just a coincidence but it looks very similar imo. I was searching wedding stuff to help out a friend and saw these few pics:

its a poor imitation of the design; definitely not the same decorator. raj from dream party decor has a lot more polish/extravagance to his work.
            Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
            - Nehru

Comment

It's not dream party -- Raj goes ALL out! I wouldn't say it's a poor imitation -- technically that swoon arch is typical of mehndi decor, so it's not copying. I actually like the simplicity of this decor, the colors are bright and pretty too!

Comment

^ i'm referring to the paisleys and the crooked hem on the takht she's sitting on. attention to detail is also what makes raj's work stand out, imho.
                Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
                - Nehru

Comment

Working...
                X