Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days....

    Salam everyone, I hope everyone having good time. I live in Toronto and like to know how much it cost these days to have a full wedding (dholki, mehndi, ruksati and walima) in Karachi. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

    #2
    Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

    You will have to define a little bit further.
    For example what sorts of venues are you looking for? Private villa? Hotel? Banquet Hall? Military facility? Lawn?
    How many are you inviting?
    Do you want the cost of catering? If yes, then what is the menu?
    Would you like the cost of clothing and jewellery included?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

      Originally posted by Muzna View Post
      You will have to define a little bit further.
      For example what sorts of venues are you looking for? Private villa? Hotel? Banquet Hall? Military facility? Lawn?
      How many are you inviting?
      Do you want the cost of catering? If yes, then what is the menu?
      Would you like the cost of clothing and jewellery included?
      First thanks for your prompt reply. I think we will have atleast 600 guest for each function. I was thinking for mehndi I would like to go with marina club (outdoor) and have a catering done from hanif rajput I will have musical function for whole night.

      For ruksati I have no clue I think my inlaws would like to for a lawn in gulistan-e-johar area but I would like to hear mor suggetion.

      For walima I was thinking about Sheraton or PC but somone told me they dont allow food from outside and as far as i know their food sucks so I do like to go with them but have food cater from outside.

      i have no idea how much it would cost for my wife's bridal dress and mine may be 4 lakh in totatl???

      so this is what my plan now i need your valued feedback.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

        Cant put a price tag on lavish.....u could spend 20,000 and everything could be ugly....or you could spend $10,000 and everything could be elegant....

        but according to my calculation, i can do things in pakistan for pennies that i would do here in Ireland so your dollers will go a lot further in pakistan....
        you will have no problems at all.....id say $10-15,000 is a decent figure for a nice wedding but its hard to judge because everyone has their own taste and requirements...
        Last edited by Sohni649; Nov 16, 2011, 05:22 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

          yeh my budget is arround $25-35 thousand so I think I should be ok. Thanks for your feedback though much appreciated

          Comment


            #6
            Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

            it sounds like you have enough $$ budgeted....but when you get there keep an amount stashed for contingencies/emergencies.
            so if you are planning on spending $35K then actually only spend $25 and hang onto the other $10K for after the wedding.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

              thanks muzna for a perfect advice. Are you in Pak??? I still want someone to give me some info about the venue which I have mentioned above including the cost. So far the only exact I know is for the musical programme at mehndi that will cost me 2 lakh it will have artist like umer sharif along with some singers (Saleem javed, naeem abbas, shazia khusk and ahmend jhanzeb along with some local artists) beisde that I dont know exact cost of ohte expenses Also does anyone know if limo is available in karachi???

              Comment


                #8
                Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

                i will give an example from my experience. i had Walima on 1st of Jan 2011 in Faisalabad.
                we arrange for 750 guests and per head was 3000RS including everything from decor to food and else. the catering was done by Lahore based company.
                750x3000 = 2250000RS .. or 26000$
                I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

                  Originally posted by Muzna View Post
                  it sounds like you have enough $$ budgeted....but when you get there keep an amount stashed for contingencies/emergencies.
                  so if you are planning on spending $35K then actually only spend $25 and hang onto the other $10K for after the wedding.
                  i actually kind a agree with this one, a lot of people stay for few days after the wedding and then after marriage parties.. always have a room for more spending on any marriage.
                  I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

                    ^ and shopping money!
                    Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
                    - Nehru

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

                      Originally posted by firenze View Post
                      i will give an example from my experience. i had Walima on 1st of Jan 2011 in Faisalabad.
                      we arrange for 750 guests and per head was 3000RS including everything from decor to food and else. the catering was done by Lahore based company.
                      750x3000 = 2250000RS .. or 26000$
                      good to know that you have spend that much only on walima but my budget is $30 k for the entire wedding I am sure it will be lavish as I have lotssssssss of blessings from my parents and loved ones.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

                        Originally posted by somegroovychick View Post
                        ^ and shopping money!
                        oh the worst.... right after two days of marriage ..wifey wanted to go to some boutique ..wallah a man can't understand a women.
                        I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

                          Originally posted by khanb5 View Post
                          good to know that you have spend that much only on walima but my budget is $30 k for the entire wedding I am sure it will be lavish as I have lotssssssss of blessings from my parents and loved ones.
                          by God i didn't spend a penny on my wedding. it was all dad's money .. neither i have any idea what do you mean by lavish, it was a function to destroy my free life.
                          I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

                            After my wedding my wife wanted to go to Abdullah Shah Ghazi's mazar in Karachi for salam. We live in US and Disneyland was in our backyard in those days.
                            Yes it is difficult for a man to understand a woman.
                            Fools never disagree.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: How much $$$ it required to have decent or lavish wediing in karachi these days..

                              Originally posted by Mirch View Post
                              After my wedding my wife wanted to go to Abdullah Shah Ghazi's mazar in Karachi for salam. We live in US and Disneyland was in our backyard in those days.
                              Yes it is difficult for a man to understand a woman.
                              and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
                              [25:74]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X