price of laces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price of laces

I am surprised at how expensive the laces are in Lahore these days. DH is there right now, and is currently in the process of having my clothes made to bring back. He updated me earlier and I asked him how much the suite were costing and to be sensible and not go over board I, if you shop around you can find nice things that don't have a silly price tag. The suits are expensive as it is but he has bought laces costing nearly as much as the suits in some cases. Why is it so? I mean lace is lace why the extortionate price? I suppose the lace makers know that it's the laces that add the finer detail and give style to a suit perhaps.

Re: price of laces

He's probably getting the embroidered ones. Those cost an arm and a leg.
    It is not the fall that kills you. it's the sudden stop at the end.

Comment

He has bought crochet ones as far as I know the wide ones.

Comment

Embroidered ones can go upto 1000-1500 rupees a gaz. Recently I bought some embroidered ones on velvet bases, they were beautiful but almost the same price as the suit LOL. If a suit costs 4000 rupees, you can easily spend around the same amount on the lace. Despite the prices, the clothes turn out really pwetty
        Hamain maat dhondna duniya ki bheed main... Hum milein ge tumhain tumhari parchayi main

Comment

Everything is very expensive in pakistan right now!
          Eat. Pray. Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupcake View Post
            Everything is very expensive in pakistan right now!
            right !

Comment

I still find some things cheaper but yes you are right about the laces, they can and do often cost the same as suits but because they make the suit look nicer we do still carry on buying them don't we lol

Comment

whats the logic behind buying laces in ks? Doh never. There are better usages, if I really have to blow my money away.
                Let the Sea be my mother, and the Moon my father;
                I will swim with the mermaids forever thereafter....

Comment

my FIL has a lace shop, so i don't ever buy any. but sometimes i see the awe and worry in his worker's face when i am buying lots of fancy ones and don't pay for them. FIL zindabad!

Comment

when something is in high demand, the price automatically jumps. Nowadays most women are attaching lace to their outfits because its in fashion. So when lots of people start buying something the price automatically goes up.
                    There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart!

Comment

Originally posted by KS09 View Post
                      my FIL has a lace shop, so i don't ever buy any. but sometimes i see the awe and worry in his worker's face when i am buying lots of fancy ones and don't pay for them. FIL zindabad!
                      Lucky you!
                      There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart!

Comment

Working...
                      X