Invitation/RSVP Timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invitation/RSVP Timeline?

If my wedding is in the beginning of April(2012).....when do I need to send out invitations by? January 1st? Or does it need to be earlier?

Also, when should I set my RSVP date? Does March 1 sound good?

** Inviting about 200 people so it's not a large wedding.

Thanks!

Re: Invitation/RSVP Timeline?

in my opinion, you can invite them by phone just in case if they need to submit early vacation request.

your invite will bound them to attend your wedding first in case of other weddings in same days.

you can mail cards at any time, but inviting them by phone is more respectful and they will feel more value.
    and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
    [25:74]

Comment

February for mailing (don't send them earlier than two months, I find). You can even send at the end of Feb.

RSVP we gave a one-month cushion, but really we wished we had given less. I think 3 weeks before the actual event is fine.

Comment

Thanks! Once we have the venue booked (hopefully by end of this week), we plan on calling people, and also sending out e-mails/FB messages. We're not doing "save the date" cards so the phone calls/e-mails/FB messages will serve as "save the date" and also a way for us to get their physical addresses. So almost everyone will already know the date/location by end of this month.

Sahar: So you think I'll be "ok" if I send out formal invitations 1st week of February and give "RSVP" date March 1? All the guests are in the U.S. so everyone should receive it within 1 week.

Comment

^that sounds good!
          Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
          - Nehru

Comment

Paheli, yes that should be fine. BUT I think you can make your RSVP date later. The main reason we regretted it is that we later realized we wanted to add a few people to the list but the RSVP date made it really obvious that we were sending them the card late. It's not a huge deal. No one was offended. But still.

Comment

I would think a month to a month and a half is fine. Most people will know the date anyway.

-My wedding's next August inshAllah, I was actually thinking of making an FB event to serve as a save-the-date invite for friends. Not sure when I should put that up :|

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Sparkles: As soon as our venue is booked, I plan on sending a FB message and e-mails (to those that don't have FB) and letting them know that they need to "save the date". A lot of people book "events" early so I'd rather give someone our wedding date too early versus too late. My fiance and I just had brunch with another couple yesterday...and when we told them our wedding date next April...they told us that they already said "yes" for another wedding that day! (and our "date" is still 4 months away!). Heck this particular couple is already "booked" for a wedding next JULY!Sooo...yea....as soon as your venue is booked...I would let people know asap.

Comment

Ooh I'm getting married in April next year too and was wondering the exact same question..I was actually gonna send out the invites end of january because family abroad might need time to book holidays from work and what not! Im still gonna stick to end of january..and i don't think I'm doing RSVP? Maybe just a quick phone around for my friends and mum can handle the relatives
                  Eat. Pray. Love.

Comment

Working...
                  X