Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Fish-Cut Petticoat or Normal Petticoat for Sari?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Fish-Cut Petticoat or Normal Petticoat for Sari?

Hey guys im ordering a sari from online, its a beautiful net sari...with a shimmer petticoat inside...however I have the option to pick fish-cut petticoat or a normal petticoat...and im not sure which one to get? I always hesistated and didn't like the fish cut style lehngas because my hips are wider so it didn't suit me, however im thinking that in a net sari, it would look nice? Since the sari is going to hug your hips anyways? the sari is not fish cut style, i only need to decide for the petticoat... i honestly have no clue about sarees as i only recently started wearing them...help me please!

Re: Help! Fish-Cut Petticoat or Normal Petticoat for Sari?

I have always worn fish-cut petticoats under my saris. It gives you a very elegant and shapely look. I would advise you to go for it.

Comment

Yeah, a fish-cut petticoat makes the saree look a lot more elegant and is v.flattering if you're slim..

I'm not used to sarees either.. still can't wrap one on my own yet
      Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

thanks! and it won't accentuate my wide hips more? I'm slim but have that wide hips thing going on.....

Comment

I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
          Bite Me! -- Please
          I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

can u post a pic of the saree?..maybe we can help u more then =)

Comment

which website are you using to order the saree if u do not mind me asking?

I think you should go for fishtail.... if anything - it actually will lesson the bulk around the hips and give your sari a more streamlined look!

Comment

Be careful when you order online as sometimes these slim petticoats are too slim in the hips for shapely gals.
                I hope that the site is asking you for proper measurements.

Comment

thanks guys! u guys are so helpful...i asked for the fishcut petticoat...however for my hip measurements I made sure to give 2 inch bigger, because Im ordering online, and u never know how they will stitch it! inshallah it will turn out good...i'll try putting up pics once i get it! ))

Comment

Working...
                  X